header.nohb.html

DW Buddy Rich Commemorative kit 3-piece shell pack (BD, RT & FT)

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Comes with soft cases. In excellent condition except the batter heads, which will probably need changing at some point. Includes 24x14 bass drum with rail mount, 13x9 and 16x16 toms (including FT legs. The toms have stick chopper hoops, and all drums have an antiqued WMP finish. I DO NOT know the note values for each shell. The drums are in a climate controlled storage.

The shells appear to be based on Keller vintage mahogany shells with maple rerings.The bearing edges were based on Slingerland Radio Kings that Buddy endorsed, and the lugs are beaver tail replicas.

Supposedly DW only made 50 of these kits, but I do recall that there was a custom made one for an endorser that had a 22" bass drum instead of the 24" that Buddy used. Regardless of how many were actually made versus claimed to have been made, this is still a relatively rare kit.

$1400 cash if you pick them up locally. For $1650 cash will deliver within 300 miles of Daytona Beach, FL up I-95 North and 200 miles south, west or northwest of Daytona Beach. $1500 cash if delivery is within 100 miles of Deltona, FL.

Will consider trading for a 3-piece Gretsch Brooklyn in any finish or a Gretsch Renown in silver oyster pearl finish - either kit (BD, RT, FT) bop kit in the same condition.

DW-1.jpg

DW-2.jpg

DWBRAd.jpeg

Last edited:

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
A bump. I wish I needed trade material other that what is originally listed, but other than the Brooklyn or Renown bop kits cited cannot think of anything else I need. Want? Yes, lots of stuff. But I have so much gear that hasn't been touched in years I'd feel guilty about acquiring more.

This kit would definitely benefit from a high-end metal snare drum. It has a lot of mojo and a vintage vibe that many modern kits just don't have.

DolFan54

Camco Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up this Gibson era Slingerland Buddy Rich model kit.24/13/16/16/6.5x14 solid Radio King snare. Interesting that DW went with mahogany shells for their Buddy Rich model. I have a custom kit made with those Keller mahogany shells. The tuning range is amazing! Great shells. $1400 is a really good deal Mike. Good luck on the sale!

IMG_2272.JPG

tempImageMu22Dj.png

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
A bump and an observation: many folks, me included, hate the round DW lugs. These have (and came with) Slingerland beavertail style lugs. The hoops on the toms are pretty much the same as Gretsch 302 hoops, sans the Gretsch engraving, and they give the toms an open, musical vibe. Oh, and the price is right for an uncommon set of DWs.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are beautiful. Wish I lived closer and had the room. GLWS! The price certainly is tempting!