DW Buddy Rich Kit - back on the market

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
EDITED TO ADD: A few things to note. (1) This sale does not involve taxes. (2) I am paying the Paypal fees. (3) There are not a lot of these kits in circulation. Just sayin' :)

I marked this kit as sold a while back due to no serious takers. I wasn't in a hurry to really sell it, but am slightly more motivated because I have my eye on a Gretsch Brooklyn micro kit. I need to sell a kit in order to bring in a new one. Actually, that is my rule. My wife told me to get the Gretsch anyway, but ... well, there is no real reason other than I want a micro kit, but want one of quality. Blah, blah, blah. The asking price is $2600 and the specifics are here (including the range in which I will deliver the kit since I am not going to ship it.)

Yes, this is slightly more than the micro kit, but I need to also purchase cases and stuff like that, so after I pay taxes on the micro kit it's going to be a wash.

Last edited:

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Bump. Heading to the Asheville/Maggie Valley area on the 30th of Oct (via I-95 to I-26). Also planning to be in and out of east GA and SC (up to Charleston/Mount Pleasant) throughout the rest of the year.

CSR

Member since May 2000
Reaction score
This is an amazing set at a very good price. I’m amazed that no one has jumped on this. I played mine for an hour today, going over about 20 charts for a reading rehearsal next week. If I didn’t have an identical set, I’d be all over this. I can certainly vouch for the quality and sound. And, like you said, DW states that far fewer than 50 were made.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
This is an amazing set at a very good price. I’m amazed that no one has jumped on this. I played mine for an hour today, going over about 20 charts for a reading rehearsal next week. If I didn’t have an identical set, I’d be all over this. I can certainly vouch for the quality and sound. And, like you said, DW states that far fewer than 50 were made.
I am kind of amazed that there are no takers. The snare drum alone is worth close to half my asking price - as you know, it is a single-ply RK clone made by the late, great Johnny Craviotto. I am thinking about upping my asking price and posting on Reverb. I am thinking that with a wider pool of potential buyers, even if I specify local pickup or delivery, I can reasonably expect some interest at $3200 (and if I ask for $3600 but elicit offers I may get some activity.) I love the kit; I hate the sizes. If it does sell I am planning to get a Gretsch Brooklyn micro kit or a Renown in bop sizes. I can afford either or both outright, but I want to get rid of kits that I am not playing before bringing in new toys :)