DW Buddy Rich Tribute kit with soft cases

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
In excellent condition except the batter heads, which will probably need changing at some point. Includes 24x14 bass drum with associated hardware (rail mount, two bass drum mounted cymbal holders a la Buddy Rich), 13x9 and 16x16 toms (including FT legs), and 14x5.5 snare drum (this one was reputedly made by Johnny Craviotto). The snare drum and toms have stick chopper hoops, and all drums have an antiqued WMP finish. I DO NOT know the note values for each shell. The drums are in a climate controlled storage.

The shells appear to be based on Keller vintage mahogany shells with maple rerings (except the snare drum, which has a single-ply steambent shell.) The bearing edges were based on Slingerland Radio Kings that Buddy endorsed, and the lugs are beaver tail replicas.

Supposedly DW only made 50 of these kits, but I do recall that there was a custom made one for an endorser that had a 22" bass drum instead of the 24" that Buddy used. Regardless of how many were actually made versus claimed to have been made, this is still a relatively rare kit.

Asking $3200. No shipping and payment via Paypal (I will pay the fees). Will deliver within 300 miles of Daytona Beach, FL up I-95 North and 200 miles south, west or northwest of Daytona Beach after payment clears.

Actual kit. Included cases not shown.
DW-1.jpg

DW-2.jpg

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I think your price is good , you just have to wait for the right guy . I have a kit at that price and know I have to wait it out ...
Thanks for the validation of my pricing and approach. Since I don't need the money I am willing to wait it out. It will eventually sell.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
One last stab before it gets shelved until tax time (which is a good time to sell): $3000.00. Not going to be upset if they don't sell ... they are not getting played. Perhaps that is the point of a tribute kit: mainly for display and bragging rights. That is not my philosophy, but I am sure that DW had something like that in mind when they designed and sold it.