DW or Tama throne ?

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
On the lookout for a new throne, my natal base snapped just under the clamp mechanism.

Narrowed it down to the tama ht430b or the Dw5100 model.

Anyone tried/recommend either ?

kickassdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
When it comes to thrones from the big companies, IMO you'd be hard-pressed to find a better one than a Tama 1st Chair.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
second on the Tama. I've been using them for about 10 years now. They have a nylon insert over the metal leg that keeps the rubber foot from wearing out. I use the round throne mostly but also have an oversized motorcycle style that I use at home.

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks lads

I see tama make a slightly more expensive HT830b round rider XL model which is part of the 1st series thrones.

Features include an extra large seat and bigger rubber feet.

Is this the model you are referring to ?

croomz

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
When it comes to thrones from the big companies, IMO you'd be hard-pressed to find a better one than a Tama 1st Chair.
I +1 the Tama thrones. I loved my Pearl Roadster that I had before, but the Tama is so much more comfy. We have Roc N Soc at church, but its sub par compared to the Tama series. Your body will thank you

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
Tama between the two you mentioned.

Here in the USA, and I notice you're in Ireland, it's more expensive ($200) but I highly recommend the Pork Pie motorcycle style [#PPBBTH].

Stretch

backtodrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Everyone is rooting for the Tama throne and they are good... But with that said I've had the same DW model you are looking at for almost 20 years and it has held up beautifully and is comfortable, it probably has a 1000 hours of use over that time and still is in perfect condition. You can't go wrong with either model!

Last edited:

dwdave

Groovinator
Reaction score
I have had 3 tama's. I chose them because they were the most comfortable to my ass.... They are really well made and that nylon insert is great. No metal shavings on the shaft. That alone sets these thrones apart. BTW, I never have had to replace that insert.

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I found a good online deal for this tama one and placed my order, a bit more expensive than the lower model but i love a big super solid seat, it should last, it better last :)

Thanks Guys

Last edited:

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
Those xl Tamas are nice. I have one for backup to my P&D and I love it!

dsop

Reaction score
I have used the Tama 1st Chair Ergo-Rider Trio HT730B for years, and it's very comfortable, but the foam compresses and you have to keep adjusting the height. It's only noticeable after a couple hours, but still.
I ended up going back to my DW seat top from a DWCP9100M mated to a Yamaha DS-840 base. The DW seat is very, very firm, which I like a lot.

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have both the round 1st chair and round DW5000. Both are great seats and I would recommend which ever one is cheaper, get that one. You won't be disappointed.

audiochurch

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Im more of a Tama guy, but would say the DW in this case is my recommendation.

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
On the lookout for a new throne, my natal base snapped just under the clamp mechanism.

Narrowed it down to the tama ht430b or the Dw5100 model.

Anyone tried/recommend either ?
I use the HT430B, and I love it. I don't like the "super-squish" thrones, where you sink a few inches when you sit down. The HT430 is soft, but supportive, and doesn't sink too much.

Latest posts