DW/Slingerland Merger.

Angelo Zollo

Reaction score
I hope they make a set with the Mahogany Slingerland Shells from the late 50’s and marry them to the technology that DW has developed. Like Sonor Vintage. I would sell my De-Lites and pull out my wallet

MntnMan62

Reaction score
Even their later kits from the 70s were awesome for what they were. The so called "student" kits, The Stage Band single lug kits from the mid 70's used maple and poplar and sound fantastic. I know because I have one. I'm excited to see what they come out with using the Slingerland badge.

NobleCooleyNut

Reaction score
I would not be surprised if they make the current DW Classic series - the new Slingerland . The Classics with the mahogany/poplar/mahogany and the wide maple reinforcing rings and roundover edges were patterned after the Slingerland Radio Kings .
Rumour has it they will start with solid shell Radio King reissue snares

dwdave

Groovinator
Reaction score
I have a 3 ply kit MPM that sounds great. I would love to see a 3ply kit with thicker single ply rings and better QC on the shells.

drumfx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes those lugs are readily available to give it the overall cool mojo like back in the day. Radio king clones are a good place to start for DW.
IMG_0003.jpg

Last edited:

Angelo Zollo

Reaction score
Whatever DW decides, I am keeping these!
I still would like a Mahogany set with 2 floor toms. Precision Drum ( whom I deeply respect )quoted me 4500 usd for a Mahogany Slingerland copy . Keller Mahogany of course. Fair price but I will see what DW comes to the table with.

Attachments