DW Timeless Timber - 1500 Romanian Oak

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I would have to see it up close and of course play it.

I had the rare Trek OCLV “nude” finish bike frames, which was actually a matte poly urethane that didn’t have all the filler. It looked cool for awhile, but I was bored with it after a few years. Foolishly sold it, and never got a road bike I liked again. This somewhat reminds me of that. Of course pix STILL do not capture everything and this pic could be one of those.

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
When in Rome, do as the Romanians do .

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think it is beautiful. I’m not even a DW man and I like to own it. Made from a single log that sat at the bottom of the Olt River in Romania for 1500 years? That could not have been cheap. I think you would have to have some serious pull to even get that log.

There was a video at the end of the pictures on the Reverb add. It featured Neil Peart talking about the kit. Apparently he owned one and spoke very highly of it, seemed like he had a genuine love for it.

Yeah, I’d love to own it. Only 100 made. I think the price is worth it. Especially with the money floating around out there these days. I bet is sells fairly quick.

hsosdrum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must agree with skinsmann. That dull finish just sucks the light right out of the room, and the black nickel hardware was a poor choice. The kit would pop a lot more with chrome or gold hardware. Sometimes DW whiffs on a look, and this is one of those times.

daidodandy

Reaction score
hey cool! that's actually my kit, I appreciate the positive and negative attention , if you guys have any questions let me know! and yes there is some leg rash, I believe it can be replaced, as for the drums themselves there is no damage, and still have some tags, and it does come with the case which I didn't actually factor into the charge, it's about $2000.

they also do look much better in person if you guys have any questions please let me know and thanks for sharing! I think if it was with gold hardware it be a little too flashy aha, these are nice and dark/mellow. I'm more biased since I own them though!

daidodandy

Reaction score
Oh yea! and a potential buyer says this is #93/100! I sent him pictures of the bass drum labels

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is beautiful. I’m not even a DW man and I like to own it. Made from a single log that sat at the bottom of the Olt River in Romania for 1500 years? That could not have been cheap. I think you would have to have some serious pull to even get that log.

There was a video at the end of the pictures on the Reverb add. It featured Neil Peart talking about the kit. Apparently he owned one and spoke very highly of it, seemed like he had a genuine love for it.

Yeah, I’d love to own it. Only 100 made. I think the price is worth it. Especially with the money floating around out there these days. I bet is sells fairly quick.
He had them build two kits for the R-40 Tour
D06EAB24-45C2-47A2-84AC-B64B2287730B.jpeg

Reaction score
I quite like it, but I greatly dislike the leather wrapped bass drum hoops.

noreastbob

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was just reading on the other current dw thread, "Thoughts on DW" about the usual price gripes and criticism of the 1000 year old river log "scam."
What do people not understand about the value of something made from wood grown a millennium ago?
Whether or not it makes for a superior instrument is up for debate but there's absolutely no debate about the exclusivity and value of that material.
It's a choice nobody is forcing on anyone... just offering it if you're interested.
As far as looks... I don't particularly like that matte gray but lord if I had that set it would seem criminal to cover something that semi-precious.