DW to start with Radio King snare drums

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This is what a dw "special edition" ply drum costs.

I dread to think what a steambent will be.

gretschdrummer

Reaction score

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This is great news! It allows a new generation of players to learn what we [older guys] already know about solid shells. ...What goes around.....

steambent

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have atleast 10 RK with the “clam shell throw”. As long as you do not need throw the snares off, mine work and sound fine.

noreastbob

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Doesn't DW bend their own solid shells? They also have that molecular condensing process though that may/may not be sourced like steam bending may/may not be... ?

speady1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If they completely moved shop from CA to Nashville, why would they try to source shells from a closed factory? Maybe I missed to boat on how that works....?
They would be sourcing from Nashville...The "relocated" Craviotto. The Sam Bacco connection to both Slingerland and Craviotto just makes sense here. The marketing couldn't be any better for DW and they love a good marketing story to tell.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Doesn't DW bend their own solid shells? They also have that molecular condensing process though that may/may not be sourced like steam bending may/may not be... ?
I remember watching a video where he learned from a furniture maker how to steam bend serious size chunks of lumber. But I do NOT remember if they started doing it themselves or not.

I know steam bent solid shells are pricey as heck. I would think John Good would want, to keep it in house. I know he outsources for specialty work like the inlays on the anniversary edition kits, etc.

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I would doubt it would be Craviotto, considering that Craviotto has a looooooooong lead time for their own drums. But, you never know.

Latest posts