dw True Cast bronze snare

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I got to play a prototype. Those are seriously cool instruments.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I wonder how many folks will pony up the dollars for the DW? Not saying it's overpriced but i'm pretty sure it's well padded thanks to the remarkable DW marketing machine! I would love to play one but I could not justify that kind of price for a new snare drum regardless of who made it!

mkelley

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
DW worked on this with Dave Elitch. I read something where he took what he liked from his favorite snares and put them into this drum. I bet it's killer.

gretschdrummer

Reaction score
I wonder how many folks will pony up the dollars for the DW? Not saying it's overpriced but i'm pretty sure it's well padded thanks to the remarkable DW marketing machine! I would love to play one but I could not justify that kind of price for a new snare drum regardless of who made it!
I’ll say it
I could buy eight black beauties
For one of these
And I’ve blown a fortune on high end drums for 40 years

So I gotta say overpriced!!!!!

Last edited:

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Probably a custom Dave Elitch spec’ed Duluth. Ive read they already sold out.

If it wasn’t for the high price tag, I would snap the 6,5.

I can see why the price is high, as the first runs always are more expensive.

For now it is better to buy a shell from Duluth (US) or Oriollo or Lignum (Europe) with your specs and add DW hardware to it or get a complete drum like VK.

That new mini mag strainer looks killer btw. I hope they update the 3p too.

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
Duluth shell and hoops, build one yourself for 1/4 the price.
- Amen. One reason why several of us have been sending money to Duluth. The other is the quality of the work and second to none packing and shipping.

Trilock_Gurtu

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

pwc1141

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Luckily the site says they don't ship to Thailand ........and my bank manager is happy about that .... :)

DaveB

Reaction score
Ive spent that kind of money on a 14/5 2oo2 which I don't regret at all, and while I'm not averse to spending that kind of cash, personally I'm struggling to see how these could possibly be that much. I hate to use the term overpriced, but it's hard not to here. That DW tax is getting more Apple-esque year on year.

kevinyarger

Reaction score
So is it safe to say these are being made by Duluth? I keep waiting to hear more details but Dave Elitch(the person who inspired this drum) hasn't given any specifics. Part of me wonders if the lugs are cast bronze as well because that price just seems exorbitant. Good on DW if they are able to sell them.