dw True Cast bronze snare

Ptrick

Reaction score
So is it safe to say these are being made by Duluth? I keep waiting to hear more details but Dave Elitch(the person who inspired this drum) hasn't given any specifics. Part of me wonders if the lugs are cast bronze as well because that price just seems exorbitant. Good on DW if they are able to sell them.
Yes, they are confirmed Duluth shells and hoops, direct from the company (I asked). Depending on hardware or any finish work (or if you go thru another company) these can generally be built for $1000-1500. The price DW is charging is ridiculous.

polycrescendo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ive spent that kind of money on a 14/5 2oo2 which I don't regret at all, and while I'm not averse to spending that kind of cash, personally I'm struggling to see how these could possibly be that much. I hate to use the term overpriced, but it's hard not to here. That DW tax is getting more Apple-esque year on year.
Let's see it Dave!

gretschdrummer

Reaction score
Comparing a thick cast bronze snare like this to a Black Beauty is pretty silly. They're both metal, but the similarities start to end there.
True

but resale value could come in to play

you can find a black beauty for 400 used hold it for years and most likely get your money back

I’ll bet this one will lose value quite quickly

Not that that’s viable reason to one who buys this but something to consider

stevil

Reaction score
I’ll bet this one will lose value quite quickly
Who knows. I'm sure the DW will be a great drum. I can't see it holding value either, since there are great, less expensive alternatives out there. But the first run sold out lightning quick, so DW has tapped into demand.

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
About the price of things ....when I lusted after a Brady block shell 12 x 7 which are not made any more, I was surprised how rare they were and the price tag of those that were offered. But even their price tag of US$ 2-3,000 is way below this DW drum's price. I guess everything is relative and I was lucky to find my Brady that a friend was selling at only US$500. Down the road I wonder what rarity will do to maintain this DW drum's value or even add to it.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Bentley's is having a DW day on 11/16 - I wonder if this snare will appear?? It would be cool to play a $4K snare! I know John G. is supposed to be there with Greg Bisonnette and a "surprise guest" - unfortunately I will be out of town on a conference!

Latest posts