dw5000 pedal footboard not staying 90 degrees to BD

hector48

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a DW5000 double pedal and a DW Performance bass drum.
I set it up and clamp it down tight.
Within a few minutes of playing the heel end of the pedal is shifted to the left, so that the beaters are now hitting the head at an angle.
I'm not talking about the natural motion of the pedal (up and down), but the entire pedal shifting away from perpendicular to the BD batter head.
This is driving me nuts, trying to figure out why it's shifting on me.
When I put my Iron Cobra or Pearl Eliminator pedal on the DW bass drum, I don't have this issue.
When I put the DW pedal on my Pearl or Yamaha bass drum, I don't have this issue.
It's only the DW pedal on the DW bass drum. It won't stay lined up.
This is the latest version of the 5000 with the three point hoop contact points.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, that's very odd. I don't have any suggestions for you, so I'm looking forward to hearing what others have to say about this.

GeeDeeEmm

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have this issue occassionally. Not the end of the world though my friend! In my case it's user error. You have to make sure it is dead on center of the bd hoop when you clamp it on, also if you clamo it too hard the heel of the pedal will come up and you can knock it out that way. Then the other part is how is your foot coming down on the pedal? Very few if us have straight ahead toy soldier feet so take a look at that and you may have to shift your bd a little. Last thing is velcro on the bottom of the pedal. Hope that helps!

hector48

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The heel is up a little bit.
Maybe I'm clamping too hard?
I figured the pedal was moving because it's not clamped tight enough, but maybe that thinking is wrong.
Isn't that a design flaw, if the heel lifts from clamping it tight?

scottcyp

Reaction score
The heel is up a little bit.
Maybe I'm clamping too hard?
I figured the pedal was moving because it's not clamped tight enough, but maybe that thinking is wrong.
Isn't that a design flaw, if the heel lifts from clamping it tight?
I’ve run into the issue where clamping took tight makes the heel rise. Makes sense to me, I don’t know if it’s a design flaw. You’re just putting more pressure on the front so the back rises. It’s easy to over tighten

Latest posts