Dynamicx review in Modern Drummer

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet, nice press to be sure... of course it helps whey they start out with nice gear as well! I like them all, but I really fell for the Ambrosia Maple.

Also, tell us a bit about your choice to go with the RCK strainer, in a world full of Trick, I have wondered why this one. Unless of course that is the answer itself!

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Fat Drummer: the RCK is my own throw! You probably werent aware of that?

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL! Well, that would explain it!! I was not aware of that to be sure and thats very cool indeed. I came very close to buying one for a recent project and now knowing that is a Black Swamp proprietary throw, I will be using it on the next one. I have to share the local love!

idrum4fun

DFO Master
Reaction score
Eric Sooy said:
Hi Eric! Yes, many members may not be aware that the RCK is your design. I'm using them on some of my custom builds! In fact, one of them uses the original Ludwig adapter that you sold, but had to discontinue. I believe you eventually came out with another adapter?

-Mark

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Fat Drummer said:
LOL! Well, that would explain it!! I was not aware of that to be sure and thats very cool indeed. I came very close to buying one for a recent project and now knowing that is a Black Swamp proprietary throw, I will be using it on the next one. I have to share the local love!
I have my fingers in a lot of things - I can't even keep track sometimes!

idrum4fun said:
Hi Eric! Yes, many members may not be aware that the RCK is your design. I'm using them on some of my custom builds! In fact, one of them uses the original Ludwig adapter that you sold, but had to discontinue. I believe you eventually came out with another adapter?

-Mark
Thanks!

I got a cease and desist letter from a guy that made adapters for throwoffs. I thought it was a silly thing, and my argument is that it was just another part of MY OWN PRODUCT! Since I literally made 10's of dollars from the few I sold, it wasn't even worth having my patent/trademark lawyer look at it for $$$$$/hour. Then I found out down the road that the patent was vacated due to non-payment of patent maintenance fees. Could almost be called the Davinci Adapter LOL.

Anyway, if you need more hit me up, I might have some of those parts lurking about still.

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
They sound great but it would've been nice to hear the beats played without hitting a rim shot every stroke. The center of the drums were played during the rolls but a couple single center backbeat hits would've been good to throw in there

clowndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They sound great Eric. On the list to get, but that may have to wait since I'm in Australia now.

Have you tried triple flanged brass? Usually my preference.

gezz

DFO Star
Reaction score
Absolutely love the look of these amazing drums.. would love to play one.. hopefully I will own one soon..

Gerry

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
repete said:
They sound great but it would've been nice to hear the beats played without hitting a rim shot every stroke. The center of the drums were played during the rolls but a couple single center backbeat hits would've been good to throw in there
OK

Last edited by a moderator:

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
jbonzo1 said:
If it was the Davinci Adapter, it would not exist!
haha!

clowndog said:
They sound great Eric. On the list to get, but that may have to wait since I'm in Australia now.

Have you tried triple flanged brass? Usually my preference.
Not in recent times. They became hard to get for a long time but are back (and expensive!).

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
Eric Sooy said:
OK

exactly - mucho better

Last edited by a moderator:

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
jbonzo1 said:
If it was the Davinci Adapter, it would not exist!
Well it's just coming out in a few months.... 10 years ago. LOL!

R

RickP

Eric makes beautiful drums . I have purchased two shells from him and they have been outstanding . The fact he is one of the really good guys is just icing on the cake