Dynamite Daze

Tarkus

Reaction score

Short background: I joined this band about 2 years ago. One gig, then COVID. Now, we start again. Switched some songs to German language, including this one.

Any comments on our music, my playing / sound etc. are welcome. The more critical the better, because I'd like to improve. I already realized that I'm not the best actor for fake drumming.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Loved the song, a lot.

The video was off with the audio and I don't know if that's on my end. I'm going to revisit it later to see if it's an interne connection with me but I want to see (and hear) your play, specifically the shuffle thing you're doing, it looks pretty durn good. I work on shuffles a lot and I'm happy with where I'm at with them but the Texas stuff is something I've been focusing on lately.

Outstanding!

Tarkus

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments so far.

@ Squirrel Man
This video was filmed as 'playback' to a raw mix, that was recorded just a bit earlier, but in separate rooms. We wanted to have the whole group in one room. Of course, my shuffle playing (visual) does not fit exactly what you hear. Because I'm really bad at 'replaying' all my hits and accents exactly.
Anyway, I found, that shuffle playing always looks the same in video, doesn't matter if you drag, rush, if you are out of groove or rolling like a train. Meaning, if it's really bad or really, good, it looks exactly the same. At least, that was my impression.

Actually, I played two different shuffles in this song (even three, if you count the opening as half time shuffle). During guitar solo, which starts like German police horn, I wanted the band to 'run away' from police, with that 'flat tyre shuffle'. The idea was to rush like crazy without actually getting faster. But if I have to explain, it's not a good sign.