Dynasonic snare frame installation

Topshelfgerd

Reaction score
I need some help here. I have gotten my Dynasonic snare drum all cleaned up and now I want to put the snares and frame back on. I have new cord for both and want to restring and mount it. Can anybody help me with this? Or perhaps post some pics of what it should look like when properly assembled? Thanks!

GrandpaCleve

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just like any other set of snares where the string goes through to the strainer and butt. Make sure the set screw tensioner is by the throw off side and the gate without the half moon cut out, solid, is where the butt plate is.

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Here you go. this should be helpful. It shows my 1967 Dynasonic snare frame being disassembled, including the deterioration of the black elastics, but clearly how they thread through the assembly.

Please, I ask a note of forgiveness. I have owned this drum from new in 1967 when I was 13. Through the 70s, I was penniless, and kept the drum playable, but couldn't afford to spend the money on keeping it right. Thus, you see that I replaced a broken snare string with speaker wire!!!!! Anyway, the drum stayed in this condition from about 1978 through 2011 when I decided to restore it to its proper condition. It is now back to its original self.

01 Bridge On Snare.jpg
02 Screw Side.jpg
03 Screw Side.jpg
04 Screw Side.jpg
05 Non Screw Side.jpg
06 Non Screw Side.jpg

Latest posts