EAD10 and the hack

Piggpenn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Spent a lot of the weekend with this device.

Drums are in the basement, audio editor is upstairs. Very inconvenient to record a sample, take it upstairs to watch and see what tweaks need done. It's a long tedious process but I'm getting results.

I set up the EAD10, running its outputs to the snake and into an audio input on my mixer. I plug in my Zoom Q8, wired it into the output of my Shure wireless headphones output all tied into the PA system. With the Zoom I can direct input the board signal and/or run the built in micing system, too. I can run everything with or without using the main outs of the PA and monitor everything from my headphones. I can also just plug in a set of phones to the EAD10 and monitor without using the PA.

This set up is everything connected. The only thing I'm not using is line mics or the mics on the Zoom. The audio is strictly EAD10 to mixer to camera.

This was also done about 2 AM so I was beat and trying to not play very loud.

I think I still have a few mixing issues. But all in all it delivers what I expected it to. Just wish I had a better video editor but this one was free so what more could I expect. Please don't harass the player. He was incognito so I have no idea who it was. :blush:

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, that is honestly one of the better sounding EAD10 demos I have heard yet. I LOVE the idea of the unit in general, but thus far (even in spite of many great reviews) the audio I have heard provided no inspiration to seriously look into one. Yours was maybe the first one to make me take notice. Nice work!

Frank Godiva

DFO Master
Reaction score
OK, that is honestly one of the better sounding EAD10 demos I have heard yet. I LOVE the idea of the unit in general, but thus far (even in spite of many great reviews) the audio I have heard provided no inspiration to seriously look into one. Yours was maybe the first one to make me take notice. Nice work!

here’s a good one

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
here’s a good one

This is a nice sounding demo (and I had not seen this previously) but it is also a good example of what I have seen before. Clean sound of everything in a tight close proximity to the unit but not much shown or heard outside of that area. But I did like it to be sure.