Ear plugs

NYFrank

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I came across those myself recently. Would be interesting to find some reviews.

NYFrank

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have actually been looking for a unique kind of ear plug. Haven't quite found it yet.

I want to be able to reduce highs. I'm not actually as interested in Overall volume, but rather, reducing the highs. Haven't found something that would do that yet.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
The guitarist in one of my band's uses them and swears by them. He says that they sound very natural and NOT boxy sounding, like many earplugs sound.

Zeta

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I started buying the 3m reusable ear plugs in the gun section at Walmart. The box I had showed the volume reduction across human hearing frequency ranges and it was pretty close to flat across the board.

And 3 pairs for about $10.

Highly recommend check them out

supershifter2

DFO Star
Reaction score
I use 3M tekk with 32db spl reduction across the entire frequency range. sounds just like turning the volume control down on all frequencies

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I just ordered a pair. I am willing to try ear plugs at that price.

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just got a 15% off email from Drumhead magazine for the Vibes and ordered them. I have been using Ear Erasures but figured id give these a try for the price.

BTW the code is "Drumhead" for anyone who wants to get in on the deal.

Tomb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Buffalo_drummer said:
I just got a 15% off email from Drumhead magazine for the Vibes and ordered them. I have been using Ear Erasures but figured id give these a try for the price.

BTW the code is "Drumhead" for anyone who wants to get in on the deal.
I got that email also from Drumhead. That's where I first heard about Vibes. I think I'll order a set

dboomer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
NYFrank said:
I have actually been looking for a unique kind of ear plug. Haven't quite found it yet.

I want to be able to reduce highs. I'm not actually as interested in Overall volume, but rather, reducing the highs. Haven't found something that would do that yet.
So read the graphic and you'll see that these plugs pull out 10dB more above 1khz than below. Most earplugs operate like this. Then zoom over to the spec for 3M Tekks and you also see that that while the official rating is 32 dB the company says you should cut that in half in actual practice doe to fitting problems.

Latest posts