Early 60s Sonor Teardrop ‘Chicago’ drum set

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
Those are awesome, I just sold my Ludwig Galaxy drums. I had a W&A snare as well whose finish was reminiscent of that, love it!

I presume you want to wait and see if the kit sells with/without the snare before selling the snare alone...

Archt

DFO Master
Reaction score
What would normally go in the 4 holes either side of the cymbal arm?
The structure for the cymbal
Arm Mount and the Tom mount are inside the bass drum shell and the bolts you see hold the internal structure to the shell. Very cool and innovative design and why the hardware mount on the outside can appear so small.

Archt

DFO Master
Reaction score
The structure for the cymbal
Arm Mount and the Tom mount are inside the bass drum shell and the bolts you see hold the internal structure to the shell. Very cool and innovative design and why the hardware mount on the outside can appear so small.
Sorry noticed Amosguy answered this already with photos. So I’ll just add these are great sounding drums. Big round sound and beautifully made.

JFBL

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve had some questions about shipping and thought I’d provide some notes here on shipping cost:

I'll gladly ship, I just don't want to lose any money on it. Please add $200 to the $1450 to make it $1650 shipped, pending actual shipping cost. I would rather overestimate slightly and immediately refund any overpayment. If it costs more than this, I ask that you pay me the extra.

Also, I probably won't tear the kit down to pack unless I have to ship them. So unfortunately, I won't be able to get you an actual cost on shipping to your address and Zip Code / Postal Code before you make a deal. But if you buy them, I'll start packing as soon as I can. I'll just need a few days to get packing material together and then carefully and methodically pack. I'll take lots of pictures as I pack and send them to you before I close the box and after.

PS - I think the shipping would either have to be FedEx or UPS.

Last edited:

JFBL

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I was really hoping to keep this snare with the kit but need to look at selling the snare on it’s own to pay for some other purchases.

So $385 USD shipped for this beautiful snare drum on its own.

wayne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hi..did i ask if you would consider partial trades?..i am a Sonor player and when i see these still available, i think oh jeeezzz..lol

JFBL

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi..did i ask if you would consider partial trades?..i am a Sonor player and when i see these still available, i think oh jeeezzz..lol
Hi Wayne, thanks for your kind words, I know how much you love Sonor. I’m really looking for cash at this point to cover other purchases.

wayne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Understood. I bought a kit little while ago in WMP WITH BONGOS, and i thought i could just have one, but these special drums deserve a mate. If i can sell a couple of things myself, i,ll buy your kit, or at least give you a decent offer...glwys

JFBL

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rumpity, bumpity, bump :)

Asher

Reaction score
Oh, man. I had that set in red sparkle as a teenager. Let them go in grad school when they were falling apart and I couldn't afford to fix them properly. Someday I'll get another set.