EBAY/CL/FACEBOOK/other sites DEAL ALERTS for vintage drums!

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I went to merge this thread into the eBay vintage alert thread and found the original thread is gone! Sorry to say, this has happened a few times lately. So, I’ve used this alert to restart the thread. Please feel free to add your alerts for vintage drums from all over the web.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, why don't you take it down AGAIN? I never understand why we need to publish. It just makes the prices higher. If you are paying attention you already know about it.

Sorry for the rant.
What I meant is that in recent days, there have been a few threads that have been somehow deleted by accident. It doesn't have anything to do with their content, just a forum glitch. I am guessing that happened to the previous deal alert thread. For the past several years it has been common (and desired) practice for people to share deals they have found so that another one of our brother/sisterhood at DFO might be able to get the deal. Obviously, there are lots of deals that go unmentioned, but I for one am big on sharing the deals that I'm not in a position to pursue. I want other people here to get them. Sorry if it bothers you, but even if the thread were gone, others would pop up in its place. In fact, that's exactly what happened here and I turned it into the new catch-all thread.

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yeah, why don't you take it down AGAIN? I never understand why we need to publish. It just makes the prices higher. If you are paying attention you already know about it.

Sorry for the rant.
I wondered where my thread went. I guess the fact that it took me 4 days to stumble across it shows how visible it was.
If you would have actually looked at the auction before you began ranting, you would have noticed that the auctions for the drums were nearly over (some already were) by the time I posted and apparently enough people were already paying attention because the prices had already started to climb. My post did nothing to affect the bidding. Get over it.

kzac

Reaction score
Be very careful with vintage drums you buy on sites such as e-bay. There are many frauds being sold as high end drums. I have seen rebadged Yamahas for sale.... If the drum is missing the OEM air hole rivet, be careful. Many manufacturers don't mark the inside of their shells so you could easily be getting forgeries. Its very simple to take a late model entry kit, refinish the interior. slap on some period wrap and tail light lugs and badges (which one can get off of e-bay) and sell a $400 kit for as a vintage YD-9000 or Tour Custom... It would be very difficult to tell if the drums were forgeries to the untrained eye, especially if they are using a shell from a prior Yamaha kit to build fake YD-9000 (Recording Custom)

Be very suspicious of what you are assuming to be genuine... if you cannot inspect the drums first hand prior to purchase.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be very careful with vintage drums you buy on sites such as e-bay. There are many frauds being sold as high end drums. I have seen rebadged Yamahas for sale.... If the drum is missing the OEM air hole rivet, be careful. Many manufacturers don't mark the inside of their shells so you could easily be getting forgeries. Its very simple to take a late model entry kit, refinish the interior. slap on some period wrap and tail light lugs and badges (which one can get off of e-bay) and sell a $400 kit for as a vintage YD-9000 or Tour Custom... It would be very difficult to tell if the drums were forgeries to the untrained eye, especially if they are using a shell from a prior Yamaha kit to build fake YD-9000 (Recording Custom)

Be very suspicious of what you are assuming to be genuine... if you cannot inspect the drums first hand prior to purchase.
Please show links to some of these frauds.

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Have no current links. But if the seller is asking you to directly contact them instead of thru ebay - FRAUD.

If the seller information is part of a jpeg visual file instead of text (to get around ebay checks) FRAUD.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Have no current links. But if the seller is asking you to directly contact them instead of thru ebay - FRAUD.

If the seller information is part of a jpeg visual file instead of text (to get around ebay checks) FRAUD.
I thought you meant fake high end drums.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Player's grade 20/12/14 Slingerland available from Badges Drum Shop in OH for $900

Lee Van Kief

Reaction score
GREAT price on a round badge progressive jazz kit in champagne sparkle:

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
really cool bi-centenial set with 2 20's 16 13 12 at auction. the bass drums just went for 51 and 60 dollars, rest are still open for another hour and ahalf

toms are currently at 51 dollars each probably go for around that , cause no one is bidding on them.

redwb5.jpg
redwb4.jpg
redwb3.jpg
redwb2.jpg

Attachments

jmetatual

Reaction score
Neat kit Skins. It is a common misconception that these are 'bi-centennial' drums ('76). In fact Slingerland offered this red, white and blue wrap for many years. While the pictures are limited there are a couple small details that suggest this kit is no later than '72. It would be a shame if the kit was broken up. Perhaps someone here will end up with them.