header.nohb.html

EBAY/CL/FACEBOOK/other sites DEAL ALERTS for vintage drums!

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pickup only in Central North Carolina
They might be maroon sparkle, but even if red sparkle, this set looks great.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Pickup only in Central North Carolina
They might be maroon sparkle, but even if red sparkle, this set looks great.
Looks like red to me. I will be driving through NC at the end of the week, but Greensboro is pretty far out of my way.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at the interior of the snare drum, is that a 5 ply? Is it likely that the rest of the set is the same, no reinforcement rings style?
Probably mid '70s 5 ply.
Looks like red to me. I will be driving through NC at the end of the week, but Greensboro is pretty far out of my way.
Hard to tell... most of the time, if it's hard to tell, it's red. Time frame (5 ply) would make maroon possible. Looks like 20, 12, 14 with matching snare. Bass has built in tone control which you don't often see in the '70s. Also, it looks like top and bottom tone controls on the small tom (but I can't enlarge the photos on my phone).

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. On Saturday, I found what I believe to be a vintage Slingerland (circa 1965-1973) snare at a thrift store in Keswick Village in Glenside, PA. I believe it was a red sparkle wrap of this drum in the image below, a 14x10, which seems like a rare size. (The lugs were not long like these, they were the stubby bullet shaped lugs and seemed in decent shape. The snare mechanism was broken.)

Screenshot 2022-07-23 10.10.32 PM.png

I know very little about vintage drums so I can't explain with a strong sense of clarity what condition it was in. I don't know how well the interior should have been sanded -- same for the bearing edges. Also Not sure if there should have been a visible seam/tiny gab where the shell comes together. Is it steambent? I'm not sure.

Anyway, I don't know how to restore a drum and am not into vintage gear. I know a ton of guys here are into it and It would make me happy if someone were to restore this drum and love it before it turns into a planter.

I apologize for not taking any pictures. I didn't think of it until I realized I should post it here. The name of the store is:
Bettie Jack Studio and Gallery
215-887-2288

I hope someone saves this drum.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Rogers Luxor Cleveland silver sparkle snare for $249 OBO

I’ve bought a few things from this seller, they have been good to deal with.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Dale’s Drum Shop in Harrisburg Pa is listing a Ludwig blue-olive badge canister throne in red sparkle, for $349 if anyone is looking. Rej is the guy to ask for. 717-652-2466

premierplayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm such a slugger, and not a collector a drum like this is of no value to me, but I see it's pushed back to the top of the list, so I thought I'd share (again?)
Cymbals too.

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score

j. bruno

Reaction score
If this is legit, I'll gladly pay someone well to pick it up and bring it to me in Boston.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
If this is legit, I'll gladly pay someone well to pick it up and bring it to me in Boston.

I don’t see any reason it shouldn’t be legit, but with the cost of gas round trip I’m not sure paying someone will be worth it.

j. bruno

Reaction score
I don’t see any reason it shouldn’t be legit, but with the cost of gas round trip I’m not sure paying someone will be worth it.
I'd pay someone 800 if they stop in NY on the way and pick up another set I want. I figure after gas ($250 approx) not bad money for a day's work albeit, a LONG day. Never know if someone has folks to visit up here.

j. bruno

Reaction score
I'd pay someone 800 if they stop in NY on the way and pick up another set I want. I figure after gas ($250 approx) not bad money for a day's work albeit, a LONG day. Never know if someone has folks to visit up here.
Forgot about tolls. Guess I should pay someone $1000 to pick up both sets...

Skins_in_the_game

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you are needing a fibes Tom for your set, there is one at goodwill site ending today. currently at $71

Frank Godiva

DFO Master
Reaction score
Someone on here mentioned a week or two ago about looking forever for one of these Sonor 70's Pedals. This is the 2nd one I've seen in 2 weeks on EBay/Reverb.
The other one was nicer though. I couldn't find the discussion about that pedal to send them a message on it. So I'm posting it here in the open.

https://reverb.com/item/50316722-1970s-sonor-z5317-bass-drum-pedal-w-wood-beater

Great pedal, I own 2. My speed king direct drive linkage rubs the batter head of my Phonics. This pedal was made for the metal hoops and is a literal boat anchor, zero creep.

Another one

Last edited:

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score

Looks like the extra snare, cymbals, and hardware are worth around the asking price. Drums FREE.