header.nohb.html

EBAY/CL/STUPID DOTD and other sites DEAL ALERTS for modern drums!

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like a cool deal on a Precision Drum Company set

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like a cool deal on a Precision Drum Company set
I have owned a Precision Drum set before and they do make great drums, however there is nothing on these drums to show that they came from Precision. Do you see any real evidence of that?

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I have owned a Precision Drum set before and they do make great drums, however there is nothing on these drums to show that they came from Precision. Do you see any real evidence of that?
Didn't look for that actually. Just went by the copy. Maybe the original owner bought the parts from Precision and made it himself.

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
Boston, MA region (North Reading). PDP/DW concept maple 6 piece with Zildjian S cymbals and some hardware. 10,12,14,16,22 + snare. Looks like double floor toms.

https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/msg/d/north-reading-drum-set/7498761374.html

The S cymbals and hardware are worth about $450. The $500+ shell pack is nearly free.
If this were closer I'd surely check it out. Looks to be an inexpensive gigging or home practice kit.....with good quality drums.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.jpg

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Boston, MA region (North Reading). PDP/DW concept maple 6 piece with Zildjian S cymbals and some hardware. 10,12,14,16,22 + snare. Looks like double floor toms.

https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/msg/d/north-reading-drum-set/7498761374.html

The S cymbals and hardware are worth about $450. The $500+ shell pack is nearly free.
If this were closer I'd surely check it out. Looks to be an inexpensive gigging or home practice kit.....with good quality drums.

View attachment 566760
The S series are really hard to resell.

dcdrum

Reaction score
Musician's Friend has the Proline Snare Rack on sale for $79.99 again:

Pretty good solution for the snare hoarders among us.

j. bruno

Reaction score
Musician's Friend has the Proline Snare Rack on sale for $79.99 again:

Pretty good solution for the snare hoarders among us.
Bigger, Better, cheaper, customizable. Shelves 36x72x14 $59 Amazon, pipe insulation $10 Home Dept. Cut the insides of the shelves out with a sawzall (very easy and quick) cover shelve edges with insulation. Can store 20+ snares for $70 and 1/2 hour of time.

Attachments

• 20220627_153807.jpg
    20220627_153807.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 50

j. bruno

Reaction score

Real good deal for someone looking for a project. Snare alone probably worth price of the whole set.

j. bruno

Reaction score

Real good deal for someone looking for a project. Snare alone probably worth price of the whole set.
Funny, I went back and clicked the link to see if it was still up and guess what? Went from $400 to $700.

Skins_in_the_game

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ebay deal. Mislabeled. Says it's a Catalina shell pack, snare shows Renown...could be a steal...

Those pictures would not be of the actual drums, because it states that the base drum is missing the head rod and claws. I think they just captured some pics off the web of black gretsch drums and did not get the model correct in the pics they used

RBagg454

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those pictures would not be of the actual drums, because it states that the base drum is missing the head rod and claws. I think they just captured some pics off the web of black gretsch drums and did not get the model correct in the pics they used
Good catch, I missed that.

ryanscott6

Reaction score
Zildjian K cymbal set for $550 plus taxes. Some other good July 4th sales there as well.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Zildjian K cymbal set for $550 plus taxes. Some other good July 4th sales there as well.

Wait, it lists as $1,099.95.

I almost broke a hip running for my debit card.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I purchased one of these from Amazon at a much higher price, but it was worth every penny. As for the 22" size, it took one of my 24" Soultones (which may, in fact be 22 and a fraction of an inch.) Regardless, the seller accepted a best offer of $187 and with tax came out to less than $200 (FL sales tax). Highly recommended bag regardless:

I also purchased this from the same seller who accepted a $48 best offer (it is a perfect fit for my Tama Classic bass drum pedal):

By the way, I own every model of stick bag from the same seller (purchased all on Amazon) and they are reasonably priced. This one (going for $54 on Amazon + a discount you can clip if you are a prime subscriber) perfectly matches the cymbal bag above (and I assume the bag I purchased for my bass drum pedal too):

As for shipping, these come from India, but the ones that I purchased from Amazon all arrived via DHL in a little over a week.