EBAY/CL/STUPID DOTD and other sites DEAL ALERTS for modern drums!

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never thought I would be linking to a snare drum on Walmart’s site, but...

Taye 6.5x14 brass snare for $190
I didn’t try adding it to my cart but it appears to be free shipping, where the other Taye items for sale on the site have shipping added (not cheap).
You'd be surprised how much music stuff Walmart carries. And I mean direct from Walmart, not sellers selling through Walmart's website. A couple of years ago I bought some Gibraltar hardware from them and paid less for all of it compared to other retailers. That Taye snare is not from Walmart though. It's from some seller called "Unbeatablesale".

Last edited:

Frank Godiva

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Exactly. Can have items shipped to the store or to your house. Good place to check first for common things like heads, sticks and wires

nopork

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just stopped by my local Music store Groth Music In Minneapolis, Mn and they are offering 20% off all percussion items on hand in the store for Black Friday sale. They're price normally matchs on line pricing but for the weekend you get another 20% off that. They have a lot of nice Gretsch, Tama ,Pearl and Yamaha kits on hand plus snares and cymbals etc. 952-884-4772 Bill runs the drum dept.
Just a satisfied customer passing on their deals

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Just stopped by my local Music store Groth Music In Minneapolis, Mn and they are offering 20% off all percussion items on hand in the store for Black Friday sale. They're price normally matchs on line pricing but for the weekend you get another 20% off that. They have a lot of nice Gretsch, Tama ,Pearl and Yamaha kits on hand plus snares and cymbals etc. 952-884-4772 Bill runs the drum dept.
Just a satisfied customer passing on their deals
Cool! Does it apply to used items, if they have used?

nopork

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably but they usually don't have much used stuff. I think it was store wide though and they are a full stocking instrument store with guitars and all types instruments. They do a lot of schools in the area.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
This looks like a great deal on a titanium snare, brand new from our friend @esooy! I love the straight hoops with built in clips.

karaburi

Reaction score
Good deal for remo heads. they have options between amb/emp and coated/clear and maybe more. I got clear ambassadors for my tom reso heads.

Targalx

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You'd be surprised how much music stuff Walmart carries. And I mean direct from Walmart, not sellers selling through Walmart's website. A couple of years ago I bought some Gibraltar hardware from them and paid less for all of it compared to other retailers. That Taye snare is not from Walmart though. It's from some seller called "Unbeatablesale".
Same snare costs a dime more via Amazon (via UnbeatableSale, Inc.):

The 6.5" Taye brass is also at Amazon for $230.63 via KART here:

Demonslayer

Reaction score
Not mine, but this looks like a good score:

Feel free to share your finds here!

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought this snare a couple of weeks ago and had forgotten to post the link in case anyone is interested in one. 8x14 Ludwig LB488 Super Brass Reissue "B' stock. Excellent price at $599 and it ships directly from Ludwig. These were very limited in this size, have been discontinued and they are now hard to find. They sold retail for $1100 and as "B" stocks they normally sell for around $700. Ludwig has 15 left!

IMG_20201125_212003.jpg

Last edited:

Rotarded

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I bought this snare a couple of weeks ago and had forgotten to post the link in case anyone is interested in one. 8x14 Ludwig LB488 Super Brass Reissue "B' stock. Excellent price at $599 and it ships directly from Ludwig. These were very limited in this size, have been discontinued and they are now hard to find. They sold retail for $1100 and as "B" stocks they normally sell for around $700. Ludwig has 15 left!
Actually making the hour drive to Drumsonsale tomorrow to pick up some goodies!

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score

How did you even find this? I can click on your link and see the page, but if I go elsewhere on the website there is no way to get to it. It's not under snares or deals or anything. I wanted to see if they have other B-stock snares listed.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you even find this? I can click on your link and see the page, but if I go elsewhere on the website there is no way to get to it. It's not under snares or deals or anything. I wanted to see if they have other B-stock snares listed.
Lol, I know! I really wanted one after seeing a video on YouTube. I googled "Ludwig LB488" and found the link. I also noticed that they didn't have it on their website so I emailed them to verify that it was current. They said it was, I ordered and got the drum a week later straight from Ludwig. I figure they have the page up but it's not showing up on their search function because they must have not activated it. Apparently Ludwig's got stuff in the warehouse that nobody advertises because I don't see anyone else selling it. If you want something specific, email Drums on Sale and see if they see it in the Ludwig inventory. They have access to all that!

Last edited: