EBAY/CL/STUPID DOTD and other sites DEAL ALERTS for modern drums!

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was cruising GC used just now and found a hammered brass Supra 6.5" for $560, a raw brass 6.5" for $550, a hammered copper 6.5" for $599 and a 100th anniversary Black Beauty 6.5" for $499! Wow! And I can't believe 80' COW snares are $200-300 as are Acros! What gives.....
GC is closing out Sabian FRX cymbals @75% off list,but it only appears to be in-store.
So you got to make a physical visit cause I don't see anything on each individual store inventory on sale.

I got these new for $200 bucks.
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Sabian/FRX-Series-Hi-Hat-Cymbals.gc?pdpSearchTerm=sabian frx&tNtt=frx&tAt=item&tAv=Sabian FRX Series Hi-Hat Cymbals

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a DrumCraft set for $350 in the Philadelphia suburbs. I haven't played those drums but I remember a lot of people here talking positively about them.

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score
Here's a DrumCraft set for $350 in the Philadelphia suburbs. I haven't played those drums but I remember a lot of people here talking positively about them.
As I recall they had an entry level kit with bass wood...given the cymbal choice in the pics I'd be worried this is one of their lower lines.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
As I recall they had an entry level kit with bass wood...given the cymbal choice in the pics I'd be worried this is one of their lower lines.
Yeah, I have no context for how to tell the difference, but I was assuming that sunburst finish would at least put it at mid-level.

Ian S

Reaction score
Yeah 15 plus tax, free shipping, $66 for 4 cymbal bags, you kidding? I almost hit the paypal "continue" button with only one in the cart!

amosguy

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot!

I didn't really need another pair of bags, but . . . . Pick up down the hill, so no shipping.

Mn02

Reaction score
Too cheap not to grab 2. Extra storage never hurts.

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Looks like they’re sold out now. Not allowing me to add them to my cart.

Ian S

Reaction score
Do you think it will fit a 24 inch cymbal?
Hah, isn't it ridiculous they don't mention the size? It's the same with cymbals for sale, they don't list diameter let alone weight.. no wonder they're going out of business! :binky:

Edit: well it looks like they say " 25-1/2" diameter " toward bottom of page. Amazing..