EBAY/CL/STUPID DOTD and other sites DEAL ALERTS for modern drums!

Ian S

Reaction score
I received one of the four that I ordered. The rest were cancelled.
Yep, I got two of four ordered. It's absurd that a company can't manage to keep track of how much stock they actually have. Computers can track inventory. This just proves how inept GC is and I don't think I'll be sending them any more money, no matter how good a deal they advertise.

Also, ever since I ordered, I've been getting 1-2 promotional advertising emails a day. I tried to unsubscribe a few days ago, but I'm still getting them. What a farce...

Vicey

Reaction score
I received one of the two I've ordered and you can't fit a 24" cymbal in it--not if you want to be able to zip it shut. Nonetheless, big thanks to fatchoppers for sharing this. It's a nice bag overall.

levelpebble

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I received one of the two I've ordered and you can't fit a 24" cymbal in it--not if you want to be able to zip it shut. Nonetheless, big thanks to fatchoppers for sharing this. It's a nice bag overall.
Actually you can, barely, fit a 24". At least my 50s hollow block 24" fit, zipper stretched to the max.

And I rec'd both bags that I ordered today.

pgm554

Reaction score
Just came back from another GC in San Jose.
Picked up a new 15 inch Sabian Evolution bottom hi hat for $40 bucks.
New Sabian AAX X-Celerator hi hats 14 inch $110 bucks.
If you've got a local GC ,it might behoove you to check it out.
Evobot.jpg
aax.jpg

Last edited:

Mn02

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well done. Occasionally they will sell things in store at really good clearance prices.

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well done. Occasionally they will sell things in store at really good clearance prices.
Yeah, not my store. Last time I went in, the only remotely decent deal I could see was for a set of very obviously used Sand hats for $250 — then I realized it was $250 for just the top hat, and another $250 for the bottom....

Regarding the RR bags, I managed to get my hands on one (out of four separate orders I placed, three of which were cancelled), but it doesn’t seem to be the same bag as the one in the stock photo. Specifically, it doesn’t have the circular hi-hat pocket on the front. Anyone else get the same thing, or am I the only one?

Vicey

Reaction score
Actually you can, barely, fit a 24". At least my 50s hollow block 24" fit, zipper stretched to the max.

And I rec'd both bags that I ordered today.
Hmm, I'll see if I can get the zipper closed without ripping anything. Don't read too much into that.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 22 fit like it's made for max 22. 24 is going to be pretty tight.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
How did you come upon those deals? I’ve never seen new cymbals priced that low at my local store.

pgm554

Reaction score
How did you come upon those deals? I’ve never seen new cymbals priced that low at my local store.
The bay area has a number of GC ,I've gone to 4 of them so far and found new Sabian closeouts at a fraction of list.
Nothing on line,you got to go in to the stores and look for the orange closeout sale tags.

Ian S

Reaction score
Yep, I got two of four ordered. It's absurd that a company can't manage to keep track of how much stock they actually have. Computers can track inventory. This just proves how inept GC is and I don't think I'll be sending them any more money, no matter how good a deal they advertise.
Well, I feel pretty stupid now, I thought I had half my order canceled without telling me, and that I would have to haggle about the paypal charge, as the original amount was billed, but checked the box again tonight and there are three bags in the box, and the last bag is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I guess I had two separate carts filled simultaneously, as at first I was only going to order one, but then went back and added 3 more to the cart, which I guess made a new cart. This is clear now from looking back at the invoice emails.

So anyway I take back most of my scathing criticism of GC, I guess I've trained myself to expect the worst..

drummertom

DFO Veteran
Staff member
Reaction score
Still waiting for mine to show up. Ordered right after the deal was posted here. Supposed to get here Friday. Can’t wait to see what shows up.

Redfern

Reaction score
Gretsch New Classic 5 piece screaming deal!!! $1,029.99!!! That’s only $205 per drum!!! What????

This may be the best deal I’ve seen in a very long time...seriously, someone buy these fantastic drums.
I guarantee you’ll likely never see a deal this good again. If I was in Houston, Texas, I’d go grab em. If they had an 18” bass drum I’d have em shipped, but alas it’s a 22”.