EBAY/CL/STUPID DOTD and other sites DEAL ALERTS for modern drums!

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't put "ace" in the search but I'm still not sure.

If I'm wrong I may buy it and I'll let you know if it's legit.
Take a look at the pictures of that newer model, it’s a different shell altogether. The Ace drum is made from a single bead WorldMax shell. Here’s a YouTube demo from Sweetwater — the description states the drum is brass.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the pictures of that newer model, it’s a different shell altogether. The Ace drum is made from a single bead WorldMax shell. Here’s a YouTube demo from Sweetwater — the description states the drum is brass.
You are correct, good sir!

My trigger finger is still itchy on this one, I don't have a brass snare but I have more than I need and the Pork Pie is only a little more new... gah!

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
You are correct, good sir!

My trigger finger is still itchy on this one, I don't have a brass snare but I have more than I need and the Pork Pie is only a little more new... gah!
What am I missing? It’s the same drum as a Pork Pie BOB and that drum is $329 new. This drum saves you $130!

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Omg, how is that still available? Somebody buy it....

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Canopus Yaiba Bop kit for $1250 shipped with some road wear

Or, a really nice version of the same kit for $1200 pickup only in CA

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Decent deal if you're looking for the Bronze-phonic piccolo that they aren't making anymore, $380 for this one

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
PDP Ace snare drum 6.5x14
(WorldMax shell)
$190 shipped
So this came in today and I have a couple of questions if everyone doesn't mind my "borrowing" this thread for them.

First - came in as advertised, shell looks in just as good a shape as the pics. I didn't see any prominent scratches, some finger prints. Looked fantastic, I played with it for a couple hours today.

Pulled that blue hydro head off - lugs were a little sticky and they were not all the same length, no big deal. They felt oily a little, I had to wipe it off my hands, the head I'm pretty sure wasn't leaking. Maybe the prior owner greased the lugs a little. Put a fairly used Ambassador on it just to try it out.

One weird thing, cranking the lugs off caused the hoop to pop a little. Not the snap-crackle-pop thing you get with tensioning heads but a pop-off the shell thing. Mounted the Ambassador and it fit nice and roundly and the hoop went back on fine.

Played it for quite a bit adjusting this and that - one thing in the description is that the guy said it wasn't loud enough and I kind of noticed that. Reso head is a Remo and snares are just off-the-shelf snares. I still have some playing around to do with it and it sounds fine. I played back and forth with a 6.5 maple I have just for comparison and they both sound equally good but I'm wondering what the hard pop on the hoop was and for a brass shell if it's set up the right way for optimization.

Thanks for any input!

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this came in today and I have a couple of questions if everyone doesn't mind my "borrowing" this thread for them.

First - came in as advertised, shell looks in just as good a shape as the pics. I didn't see any prominent scratches, some finger prints. Looked fantastic, I played with it for a couple hours today.

Pulled that blue hydro head off - lugs were a little sticky and they were not all the same length, no big deal. They felt oily a little, I had to wipe it off my hands, the head I'm pretty sure wasn't leaking. Maybe the prior owner greased the lugs a little. Put a fairly used Ambassador on it just to try it out.

One weird thing, cranking the lugs off caused the hoop to pop a little. Not the snap-crackle-pop thing you get with tensioning heads but a pop-off the shell thing. Mounted the Ambassador and it fit nice and roundly and the hoop went back on fine.

Played it for quite a bit adjusting this and that - one thing in the description is that the guy said it wasn't loud enough and I kind of noticed that. Reso head is a Remo and snares are just off-the-shelf snares. I still have some playing around to do with it and it sounds fine. I played back and forth with a 6.5 maple I have just for comparison and they both sound equally good but I'm wondering what the hard pop on the hoop was and for a brass shell if it's set up the right way for optimization.

Thanks for any input!
What questions? Going by that everything looks fairly normal. I think a new thread with any ?s you have would be good. I'm always looking here for deals!

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score

Attachments

Last edited:

musiqman

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Charlotte, NC. 1980 Yamaha 9000DA kit - 14 and 15 mounted toms, 14 and 16 floor toms, 22, and Tama Imperial star snare - $650 local pickup only. Should be gone by today.
14 FT and snare drum are worth over $500 in good condition. Recording is of someone else playing another 8000/9000 drum kit.

TOO LATE - the 14 floor just sold separately. Took all of 2 hrs. Now just a good deal for the remaining drums at $550.

https://reverb.com/item/39993038-yamaha-9000da-tour-series-1980-s

View attachment 494976
That was a killer kit with that 14” floor

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
Pearl Session Custom Maple 6 piece 22,12,13,16,18, 6.5 snare 600!
Location is in Boise ID.

178838624_10165047121700565_2827084457576140958_n.jpg

Last edited:

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ahead Armor Ogio Sled 35” hardware case/bag in Flanders, NJ, $75:

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Someone out there could be looking for this Ludwig Classic 14x14 in charcoal shadow: