EBAY/CL/STUPID DOTD and other sites DEAL ALERTS for modern drums!

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ludwig heavy duty throne with back rest for $75 on Drumming Deals (MSRP $149). It isn't showing on their website yet, just on their FB VIP page.

mattr

Reaction score
8x14 Ludwig Standard Snare is $249 (USA Made), free shipping. Just got mine yesterday from Musician friend, GC is running the deal too.

It’s a 5 ply maple shell, and the plastic wrap is sorta like the fake wood they put on office furniture. Nice solid looking throw off. Took the heads off and The bearing edges are smooth.

I thought for an Ludwig American-made maple snare with 8in depth, not a bad deal!

IBitePrettyHard

Reaction score
8x14 Ludwig Standard Snare is $249 (USA Made), free shipping. Just got mine yesterday from Musician friend, GC is running the deal too.

It’s a 5 ply maple shell, and the plastic wrap is sorta like the fake wood they put on office furniture. Nice solid looking throw off. Took the heads off and The bearing edges are smooth.

I thought for an Ludwig American-made maple snare with 8in depth, not a bad deal!

Those snares are made from North American Maple, but are actually made in Asia. That's a great deal, though.

If they were made in the USA, they'd have a $200 surcharge. Sad but true.

mattr

Reaction score
Those snares are made from North American Maple, but are actually made in Asia. That's a great deal, though.

If they were made in the USA, they'd have a $200 surcharge. Sad but true.
I know it sounds too good to be true… says “MADE IN USA” right on the internal label. Is the shell Asian and assembled here?

Attachments

IBitePrettyHard

Reaction score
I know it sounds too good to be true… says “MADE IN USA” right on the internal label. Is the shell Asian and assembled here?
I stand corrected. It looks like they are! I don't remember ever seeing them say where they were made, but maybe I missed it.

Usually, when something is cheaper, there's a 95% chance it's made in Asia.

mattr

Reaction score
I stand corrected. It looks like they are! I don't remember ever seeing them say where they were made, but maybe I missed it.

Usually, when something is cheaper, there's a 95% chance it's made in Asia.
Another good Ludwig deal this time a 7X14 Brass Heirloom at DCP. $299, and is said to be American.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Another good Ludwig deal this time a 7X14 Brass Heirloom at DCP. $299, and is said to be American.

I have to admit being curious about these, but it seems like Ludwig has been having trouble getting rid of them. They were giving them away with drum sets for awhile. I have multiple Ludwig brass snares but if I didn’t, I’d be picking one up.

T_Weaves

Reaction score
Price looks righteous. Has the updated throw. I'll bet I, and many others, could make it sound good with the right batter head and some pro tuning.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rare Bird but alas.
a years long search for snare wires begins

still attractive still recommend

amosguy

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rare Bird but alas.

Check with Zoran Bibin on FB to make a custom wire set. Quality work done for me.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check with Zoran Bibin on FB to make a custom wire set. Quality work done for me.
Good info
I'm past desiring But so rare to see (fair asking price too)
(I had a 5 back in the day) I see this is a square head rod (wonder if that's original) and the 6.5
just looks so pretty

Lord Ny

Reaction score
Tama Imperialstar 5 pc set on ShopGoodwill a little over one hour left, if you are in the Indianapolis area and want a really good deal on a "pick up only" set (they won't ship it). https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/126577836

It will likely go for less than $100, it is sitting at $33 right now. I know this isn't a high end set, but it is a decent set. I would buy it just to turn the bass drum into an 18" floor tom.

Lord Ny

Reaction score
Rare Bird but alas.

There is a set of snares on Reverb right now for that drum. One is missing 1 wire it looks like, but it is a good price for them. I hunted down these snares after I got my Royal Scot, which uses the same snares on the bottom. https://reverb.com/item/41725797-vi...ier-flobeam-2000-parallel-strainer-snare-wire

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Was in this store yesterday: https://www.westernmarylandmusic.com/shop
They have an 80s Black Beauty in fair condition on consignment, tagged at $400. I already have a bunch of brass snares but thought someone here may want it.
F4F6F270-4F8D-4905-8CF0-8A45EFACAC5D.jpeg
FEF2E6C3-29CF-4157-8FBB-E4CC85D34F7B.jpeg
936D8586-4699-4738-883B-7D621116C4CB.jpeg

Attachments

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
DCP has "Brand new open box" Ludwig Atlas mounts for $29. Excellent deal for anyone that wants to convert to them or if you just want to have a spare. They sell everywhere else for like $50.

stuart s

Reaction score
DCP has "Brand new open box" Ludwig Atlas mounts for $29. Excellent deal for anyone that wants to convert to them or if you just want to have a spare. They sell everywhere else for like $50.

Ive purchased 5 , just like new, just alcohol it when you get it and use the foam packaging as sound deadeners on the wall.

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score

Cpb282

Reaction score
Mapex Saturn kit — 2 up 2 down with 20” virgin kick — that appears to be in nice condition, listed for $995 on CL in NJ.