EBAY/CL/STUPID DOTD and other sites DEAL ALERTS for modern drums!

Tama CW

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gretsch Renown 2009 Motor City kit - $700. Princeton, NJ craigslist. With hardware I presume. And if so, the drums net out at $500 or so.
Don't recall seeing these get this low. One tom has rash on it. Seller says needs new batter heads. Listed for bidding on Ebay as well with a $600 starting price....so that's around the bottom line.

Rechecked this ad tonight.....seller raised their price to $1000. Someone must have clued them in............no longer a raving bargain. Probably still an ok deal.

https://cnj.craigslist.org/msg/d/kingston-gretsch-drum-kit/7364701543.html
aa a23.jpg

Last edited:

Tama CW

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mapex Saturn Pro drum kit 12,13,16,22. Springfield, MA area. At $375 that includes about $200 in hardware and cases....the 4 drums only cost $175.
While these may be the early Maple/Basswood drums. they still rock like Saturns. Great, no worry, gigging or practice kit. This won't last long at that price.
I'm about 85 miles away but just don't have it in me at the moment to go get 'em.

https://westernmass.craigslist.org/msg/d/easthampton-mapex-saturn-pro-drum-kit/7365713919.html

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzncnvnv.jpg

Last edited:

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Mapex Saturn Pro drum kit 12,13,16,22. Springfield, MA area. At $375 that includes about $200 in hardware and cases....the 4 drums only cost $175.
While these may be the early Maple/Basswood drums. they still rock like Saturns. Great, no worry, gigging or practice kit. This won't last long at that price.
It’s a good thing I’m not close enough to get those, I would have to buy them on principle!

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a shout out for Drum Factory Direct's drumsticks. A couple weeks ago I ordered some heads from them. When I was ready to checkout, I saw a button to add some 5B sticks. On sale for $4.99!!
I figured that for $4.99, why not? They're made for DFD, have no logos and are just plain old hickory wood tip 5B's!
Fantastic sticks! Smooth, straight; a classic 5B stick!
If you like wood tip 5B's, give them a shot. You can't beat them for the price. They also have 5A's at the normal price of $6.99 which is a good deal as well. If anyone hasn't dealt with DFD, they are great! They have things in stock all the time that others don't at very good prices and you're supporting a small business!
This time I placed an order then realized I needed other stuff, I placed another 2 orders and realized that I would receive 3 separate orders. I simply called and they immediately consolidated everything into one box. 3 days later it was at my door. No issues at all!
Great people that give great service!

Last edited:

Tornado

DFO Master
Reaction score
Got a niece there, but I honestly don't even need this for $20. What's weird is that someone who knows what "bead reinforced" means would so severely underprice this.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live about 2 hours away. Is it worth the trip?
Yes, if it were real. Highly doubtful! Pretty sure it's a scam!

Anthony84

Reaction score
I think it might be a little overpriced, but I definitely would’ve gotten it if it was a cast VK snare.