EBAY/CRAIGSLIST, B.I.N. AND OTHER SITES FOR MODERN DRUMS !

drumhead

Jer-ry! Jer-ry!
Reaction score
Yeah, I just did a quick look. Upon closer inspection, it seems to be very much a scam.

This is why we can't have nice things!

Drumbelly

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
andlours said:
I knew a guy that worked in Ashs drum dept. and thought that they were from Vaughncraft. I did not have that confirmed however.

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Looks like drummingdeals.com has new A. Zildjian 18" thin crashes for $149. Not much more than used price...

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yamaha 1992 maple customs from original owner. With a pile of nice cymbals, hardware, and cases. At $1850 or b/o I don't recall seeing any others priced so low. Usually I see kits at $2000-$3500 for just 4-5 drums. Extras on this kit net the drums at under $1000. I see 1980s Tour Customs (mixed ply) often bringing around that much.

Could be a deal for someone in the Chicago area.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192664726484?ViewItem=&item=192664726484

larold

Reaction score
Here's a great deal for drum builders / repairers: a 7x14 Risen soft maple stave drum for $140 + shipping from GC used.

I bought and then immediately returned it because a previous owner sanded the bearing edges pretty flat and did a bad job, especially with the snare bad. In its current condition, it's impossible to get a good sound out of it. There's still plenty of wood left to re-cut the bearing edges and the snare bed properly. If you know what you're doing, this could be a great drum.

Aside from that, the only issues are that the chrome plating is flaking off the aluminum lugs and that the heads and snare wires need to be replaced.

The staves are pretty thick, at least 1/2". It has a Trick strainer.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/In-Store-Used/Used-Risen-Drums-7X14-Maple-Drum-Natural.gc