EBAY/CRAIGSLIST, B.I.N. AND OTHER SITES FOR MODERN DRUMS !

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Never in a million years would I have thought to search Goodwill online for drums.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Never in a million years would I have thought to search Goodwill online for drums.
LOL, me neither! I learned about it last week reading thru a thread here on DFO. Now it's been added to my list of places to hunt for deals. Another two good ones for local deals are Letgo & Offerup. I've seen some stuff listed locally on those that's dirt cheap. Craigslist sucks big time in my area. Everything listed there is a rip off.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
All right, Anybody local in King of Prussia, PA? Ludwig Acrolite Black Galaxy for $125
Please go buy this thing, here is the story:
Offer up now offers sellers the option to ship stuff but they can refuse to. Last week I offered full price for it (looks like new per the pictures) and the seller emailed me that they would not ship. includes a Ludwig case, practice pad & stand. I then offered an extra $50 on top of it and told them to just ship me the drum and keep the rest and they still said no. They are stuck on selling it locally. So I have basically lost the deal and I'm passing it on to you guys. Here it is if anybody is interested, buy it, enjoy it and post a video of you playing it so I can cry and at least hear it.:( It's a super deal, $125:
https://offerup.com/item/detail/554397660/

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
All right, Anybody local in King of Prussia, PA? Ludwig Acrolite Black Galaxy for $125
Please go buy this thing, here is the story:
Offer up now offers sellers the option to ship stuff but they can refuse to. Last week I offered full price for it (looks like new per the pictures) and the seller emailed me that they would not ship. includes a Ludwig case, practice pad & stand. I then offered an extra $50 on top of it and told them to just ship me the drum and keep the rest and they still said no. They are stuck on selling it locally. So I have basically lost the deal and I'm passing it on to you guys. Here it is if anybody is interested, buy it, enjoy it and post a video of you playing it so I can cry and at least hear it.:( It's a super deal, $125:
https://offerup.com/item/detail/554397660/
Don’t feel bad man. That’s a solid deal but those drums can still be had from time to time for under 100.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Don’t feel bad man. That’s a solid deal but those drums can still be had from time to time for under 100.
OK if that's the case then I don't feel bad. I yet to see one at $100 (especially in like new condition) but if it exists then I will be on the lookout. I just paid $244 for a "new old stock" one dropshipped straight from Ludwig. It arrives on Monday. Apparently they have a bunch left over from the last production run which I think was in 2014. I guess it's an OK deal since it's new. I've seen them for much more than that. Oh well!

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I just went into this listing out of curiosity excited to see what it was. Thanks alot, I almost spit out my soda. The shipping is more than what it's worth. And to add insult to injury, since it ended already, ebay redirects you to a recommended similar item: An auction for a Griffin snare! Good one man;)
He was serious. Those wristwatch lug CB snares do actually have a following.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
He was serious. Those wristwatch lug CB snares do actually have a following.
Sorry Drummerjohn333, I had no clue. Never heard of that having a following. I learned something new. I just saw it as a cheap CB. I'm gonna have to read about those and see why. I feel dumb now:sad5:. Next time I will read more into it before assuming it's a joke. Removing the post!

Last edited:

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sorry Drummerjohn333, I had no clue. Never heard of that having a following. I learned something new. I just saw it as a cheap CB. I'm gonna have to read about those and see why. I feel dumb now:sad5:. Next time I will read more into it before assuming it's a joke. Removing the post!
The Wristwatch Lugged CB700 drums of that period were manufactured for Kaman Corporation by Pearl. They even had their own version of the Pearl Free Floating snare badged as CB700. I owned a big Wristwatch Lug drumset and the CB FFS at one time. The wooden shells were nothing special, but they had decent hardware on them (some of it labeled Pearl inside the casings), and the FFS and metal snares sounded downright decent. I don't know why they've developed a following, but I'd buy another CB FFS without hesitation.

GeeDeeEmm

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The Wristwatch Lugged CB700 drums of that period were manufactured for Kaman Corporation by Pearl. They even had their own version of the Pearl Free Floating snare badged as CB700. I owned a big Wristwatch Lug drumset and the CB FFS at one time. The wooden shells were nothing special, but they had decent hardware on them (some of it labeled Pearl inside the casings), and the FFS and metal snares sounded downright decent. I don't know why they've developed a following, but I'd buy another CB FFS without hesitation.

GeeDeeEmm
Since yesterday I've been reading about them. I guess since their decent, they have a following, not to mention that they are cheap to buy from what I see. Good to know. I feel like I've been educated!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I just bought a Brand New "New old stock" 14"x5" Ludwig Acrolite Black Galaxy for $244.40 with free shipping. These are brand new leftovers that Ludwig has in their warehouse. From what I've read, the last ones were built around 2014. I get mine delivered on Monday. Considering that the regular brushed aluminum acrolite goes for $429 New, I found this to be a good deal. If anybody is interested, here is the link:
Ludwig 5x14" Acrolite 8 Lug Snare Drum w/ Black Galaxy Finish - LM404, $244.40
https://drumsonsale.com/ludwig-5-x-14-acrolite-snare-drum-in-black-galaxy-finish.html

acro.png

They also have the 14"x5" Pearl Sensitone Beaded Phosphor Bronze snare Brand new for $399 with free shipping. It's another very good deal:
Pearl 14"x5" Beaded Phosphor Bronze SensiTone Premium Snare Drum - STA-1450PB, $399
https://drumsonsale.com/pearl-14x5-beaded-phosphor-bronze-sensitone-premium-snare-drum-sta-1450pb.html
Pearl.png

Hobbs

Reaction score
Yep ~ never understand when certain types point out where they snag stuff : dumb and dumber.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yep ~ never understand when certain types point out where they snag stuff : dumb and dumber.
What is that supposed to mean?
This is a community, that's why we have these threads to inform other members of deals. If somebody sees something and he's not going to buy it, he posts whats for sale and where it's at so another member can benefit.
I for one like to share for the benefit of the community. The "dumb & dumber" comment is very uncalled for and very self centered.

Hobbs

Reaction score
What is that supposed to mean?
This is a community, that's why we have these threads to inform other members of deals. If somebody sees something and he's not going to buy it, he posts whats for sale and where it's at so another member can benefit.
I for one like to share for the benefit of the community. The "dumb & dumber" comment is very uncalled for and very self centered.
Didn't exactly mean to offend anyone specifically. The point : why would anyone highlight someplace they find "stuff" at? It only increases what they're going to pay for things in the future on that site. Just not very smart, is it.

Get this is a community; not knocking it.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Didn't exactly mean to offend anyone specifically. The point : why would anyone highlight someplace they find "stuff" at? It only increases what they're going to pay for things in the future on that site. Just not very smart, is it.

Get this is a community; not knocking it.
Well that's what a community is about. It's about helping others as well. That's why we have threads that list "deals" that we find. We don't just post our good luck in finding something for ourselves but also we post so somebody else in the community can be the lucky one as well. I don't buy every good deal I see, so when I see a good one I don't need, I pass it on. Unfortunately you have to list the selling venue as well. I'm sorry man but I'm not one of those selfish guys that won't share for the sake of keeping everything for myself. But hey, that's just me!

Hobbs

Reaction score
Well that's what a community is about. It's about helping others as well. That's why we have threads that list "deals" that we find. We don't just post our good luck in finding something for ourselves but also we post so somebody else in the community can be the lucky one as well. I don't buy every good deal I see, so when I see a good one I don't need, I pass it on. Unfortunately you have to list the selling venue as well. I'm sorry man but I'm not one of those selfish guys that won't share for the sake of keeping everything for myself. But hey, that's just me!
I believe we have the same spirit here. I'm all for others finding deals. (You won't ever hear me bragging). Again : I'm all for the community here!

Latest posts