EBAY/CRAIGSLIST, B.I.N. AND OTHER SITES FOR MODERN DRUMS !

midnightsupperclub

Reaction score
(Shaking fist) Damn. I've been looking for one, but I guess you saved me. Let us know how it sounds.
Here's a 14 x 5.5 version of it going for $300, 25 bucks more than the earlier one. You could make an offer or do a local pickup if you're near the seller in Florida.

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
(Shaking fist) Damn. I've been looking for one, but I guess you saved me. Let us know how it sounds.
The Yamaha copper snare? Well, it sounds pretty damn great. It has a nice woody sound, even though it's metal.

Funny thing though, the original strainer snapped on me when the drum was being transported to a gig. I can't find another one anywhere. So I bought the INDe replacement, but haven't put it on. Instead, a buddy here on DFO gave me a different Yamaha strainer that once I modified it fit ok. So now it has a non-original strainer. Doesn't affect the sound...

Stretch

P.S. I even got a better price from the seller when I bought it, but it had nothing to do with the strainer. The strainer worked fine when I received the drum.

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Saw this Mapex Saturn 3 seven pc kit pop up on Facebook (Boston area) yesterday for $500 and tried to get my friend to consider buying since he's been looking for a PDP concert maple 7 pc....and this kit was less than 10 miles away. I think the Saturns (even in maple/walnut) are a better drum. And he hasn't been able to find the PDP's under $600. In any case the Saturns sold in less than 24 hrs. I don't think he even got to talk to the seller before they sold today. They were not sold yet when I messaged the seller. Can't recall a nice looking Saturn 3 kit going anywhere near this cheap. Sort of unusual to find Saturns with these smaller toms too. Someone in the Boston area is very happy tonight.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiii.jpg

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I hate that I’m just a little too far away for this to be feasible. Ugh.

Anyway, if you’re in NC, go! I just talked to the seller. It’s still available as of right now:

midnightsupperclub

Reaction score
I hate that I’m just a little too far away for this to be feasible. Ugh.

Anyway, if you’re in NC, go! I just talked to the seller. It’s still available as of right now:

What?? Noooooo.... I was just in NC for a month and just left 3 days ago.. guess it was not meant to be.

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What?? Noooooo.... I was just in NC for a month and just left 3 days ago.. guess it was not meant to be.
Dude, seriously? And you didn’t bring stuff to trade with me?! Lol jk.

Yeah, it’s only three hours away, so I’m trying to think of some other reason to go down. I’d be surprised if it isn’t gone already, though.

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
Pays to look closely at the craigslist adds. Got a great score recently. This is the post on the add. We would all skip over this wouldn't we.
"
Used beginner kit for someone wanting to practice their double bass skills or just getting started. Five piece with hardware and pedals shown. Kit is in working order and good enough to play, (maybe missing a nut here or there but easily fixed or replaced). Good kit to throw in back of your friends jalopy and take to a party.
Sorry, no cymbals included because they were destroyed in the name of rock and roll!!
But that's not all! ...Act now and I will throw in the green carpet for FREE!!!

If you are looking for a real nice, real pro drum set...it ain't this one! Those are really expensive...good luck!"
He was asking 225 for the whole set.
But then I looked at the pictures and noticed something.
Yep! You can see it. I asked if he would sell the snare for 100 cash he said ok and now I have a beautiful 6.5 Super Sensitive that has good snares, in great shape with good heads. It sounds so good.

Attachments

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
just showed up. GC has them at 230 to 280 this one in seattle area craigslist is $100 looks clean.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Pays to look closely at the craigslist adds. Got a great score recently. This is the post on the add. We would all skip over this wouldn't we.
"
Used beginner kit for someone wanting to practice their double bass skills or just getting started. Five piece with hardware and pedals shown. Kit is in working order and good enough to play, (maybe missing a nut here or there but easily fixed or replaced). Good kit to throw in back of your friends jalopy and take to a party.
Sorry, no cymbals included because they were destroyed in the name of rock and roll!!
But that's not all! ...Act now and I will throw in the green carpet for FREE!!!

If you are looking for a real nice, real pro drum set...it ain't this one! Those are really expensive...good luck!"
He was asking 225 for the whole set.
But then I looked at the pictures and noticed something.
Yep! You can see it. I asked if he would sell the snare for 100 cash he said ok and now I have a beautiful 6.5 Super Sensitive that has good snares, in great shape with good heads. It sounds so good.
Wow man, good find! I do the same, I look at all the full kits in detail to see if I see a nice Ludwig snare. No luck yet in my area. Glad you got that deal!
Enjoy it!

midnightsupperclub

Reaction score
I don't know a whole lot about Brady drums but based on some of the prices I see here on DFO, I gather that $925 is a pretty good deal on one of their Jarrah block snares?

VinSparkle

Reaction score
Nice Yamaha Beech Custom Nouveau here in silver sparkle. It has been up for ages—could probably negotiate a better price.

Located in Central, NJ.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Steve Weiss Bargain basement!
They have a section on their website that I just ran into again that has good prices on some stuff. I bought some discontinued Ludwig clamps last year for dirt cheap. They have a couple of UFIP closeouts at very decent prices and they have a ton of New old stock discontinued heads including Ludwigs. I went thru all the sections and saw some cool stuff. You might find something you want or need:

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
Wow drums are really losing there worth. Look at the size of this kit that is going for $325. I mean 7 cymbals included and roto toms as well.
The 20 inch is a zildjian A 16 Paiste, 2 sabians. Crazy.

pearl drum set with double bass pedal, a set of roto-toms, hi hats (plus one extra), power crash, crash ride, and ride cymbal, china. Also includes hardware bags, cymbal bag, gong, cowbells, wooden and jam blocks, wire brushes, sticks, practice pad, etc

00k0k_79JniItMnNk_1200x900.jpg
00Y0Y_hGsk9rhU7FE_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow drums are really losing there worth. Look at the size of this kit that is going for $325. I mean 7 cymbals included and roto toms as well.

pearl drum set with double bass pedal, a set of roto-toms, hi hats (plus one extra), power crash, crash ride, and ride cymbal, china. Also includes hardware bags, cymbal bag, gong, cowbells, wooden and jam blocks, wire brushes, sticks, practice pad, etc

View attachment 409300View attachment 409301
Wish I would see stuff like that listed here in Central Florida. Over here it would be $1K+ easy. Everything used I've ever seen here is majorly overpriced.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow drums are really losing there worth.

Yep, they are. And don't hold your breath, 'cause I don't think we've seen the bottom yet. This auction is an extreme case, but the drum (and guitar/bass/keyboard) market is waaaaaay over-supplied with too few buyers.

Like with the muscle car market of a few years ago, people ran up the prices for we thought were "rare" instruments, only to find that there are a zillion of them that have been produced over the years. Now comes the shake-out. The only drums that will hold their value (maybe even appreciate) are the uber-rare/uber-desireable kits and snares.

GeeDeeEmm

jmato

Reaction score

I love what they did with the floor tom legs. Wondering how to play those . . .?

Latest posts