EBAY/CRAIGSLIST, B.I.N. AND OTHER SITES FOR MODERN DRUMS !

lrod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

lrod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man how could you NOT buy them for that money?
Because I've got to deal with my wife, Lol!! I've spent way to much this year on drum stuff. We both produce the money but she manages it because she's the saver and I'm the spender. She's put up with enough this year already. I need to give it a break! Everytime I want something, she says "ok, we can do it" and usually things go over budget plus I really don't have the room. When we bought our house, we compromised on dedicating one entire room to all my music stuff and it's already packed. I wouldn't dare to stuff it into any other room, Lol!!

Last edited:

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Because I've got to deal with my wife, Lol!! I've spent way to much this year on drum stuff. We both produce the money but she manages it because she's the saver and I'm the spender. She's put up with enough this year already. I need to give it a break! Everytime I want something, she says "ok, we can do it" and usually things go over budget plus I really don't have the room. When we bought our house, we compromised on dedicating one entire room to all my music stuff and it's already packed. I wouldn't dare to stuff it into any other room, Lol!!
I get that. My wife and I have an understanding that sometimes I buy things to check them out and re-sell. I usually only plan on that if it’s really cheap, like this set, because it will buy me some other piece of gear I want. I don’t consider myself a “flipper” because I don’t sell to make profit or make a living, just to support my gear wants. Everything I own today started with the sale of one $200 snare drum (though I sometimes miss that drum)! So I keep gear money separate from the family bank account.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that. My wife and I have an understanding that sometimes I buy things to check them out and re-sell. I usually only plan on that if it’s really cheap, like this set, because it will buy me some other piece of gear I want. I don’t consider myself a “flipper” because I don’t sell to make profit or make a living, just to support my gear wants. Everything I own today started with the sale of one $200 snare drum (though I sometimes miss that drum)! So I keep gear money separate from the family bank account.
I've done that but many times I end up wanting to keep the stuff permanently. Doesn't always work, at least for me! I too keep separate money for the things I want to buy but that has to be managed as well. If I dip from there for every want, eventually it will deplete. Then I can't buy! So for now, I'm just giving it a break. When I really really fall in love with something then I'll buy. I've got plenty to keep me busy so I'm happy about that. As I've gotten older, I've learned little by little to not get bored with what I have and appreciate it all.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I've done that but many times I end up wanting to keep the stuff permanently. Doesn't always work, at least for me! I too keep separate money for the things I want to buy but that has to be managed as well. If I dip from there for every want, eventually it will deplete. Then I can't buy! So for now, I'm just giving it a break. When I really really fall in love with something then I'll buy. I've got plenty to keep me busy so I'm happy about that. As I've gotten older, I've learned little by little to not get bored with what I have and appreciate it all.
Oh I have absolutely kept a few things I intended to sell. Seems like the cheap ones often have something special to them. I have a few snares and cymbals that I could really do well with, if I were willing to let them go!

Marc M

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thought I would share this because they don`t seem to pop up much,also this kit has a 20x15 kick,years ago I played one and it was the biggest sounding 20 kick I ever heard in my life bar none.Asking price seems reasonable to me .

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nice kit but one of the best things from Ayotte is their wood hoop snare drum and this kit doesn't seem to have one.

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also. 8x12 is 16x16 is a big spread. Make sure you’re ok with it. Yes those drums will sound great. But that will be your kit and sizes. No add ons or shell bank unless you do some Ayotte jelly beans.

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Woww killer sizes too.

10/12/16 kicks ass. And it has the wood hoops.

Vanilla was a familiar produced finish (although he states otherwise) so adding a 14 or 18 floor shouldn't be too hard.

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny how back to back opinions differ. I think it will be difficult to find a 14x14 or a 22 and you don’t. All good :)

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great deal on a large 7 piece set of dark blue Yamaha stage customs. Comes with all hardware and ride/crash/hats Zildjian ZXT cymbals. $450/obo. Arlington Heights, IL. This should sell by today or the weekend. Local pickup only.

If you're looking for something like this to gig with....or secondary kit....this is hard to beat. POZ date code would indicate late 1998 kit. My nephew has the identical dark blue dated PPP (1999). They are nicely made kits. Birch with another ply.
Appears to be a 10 lugged BRASS SD-4105 Yamaha snare with die cast hoops, RC lugs, 1990's model. This one looks nice with original heads still there. The rack toms are power sizes in 12x10 and 13x11, 14x12. Not sure what size the 10" is....probably 10x9 or 10x10.
I've played this exact kit and it does very well compared to vintage birch kits of the 80's and 90's.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-Yamaha-Stage-Custom-DARK-BLUE-Drum-Set-with-Zildjian-Cymbal-Set-and-Sticks/353256332918?hash=item523fb7de76:g:rEwAAOSwwdRfm3~u&LH_ItemCondition=1500|2500|3000|7000

https://reverb.com/item/9861058-yamaha-sd4105-brass-snare-drum-nib-collectors-grade-90s-time-capsule

zzzz yamaha stage custom 1998.jpg

Last edited:

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, $829 is a load for that drum. There may not be ANY yamaha brass snare drum of any era worth than much money....not even an SD-498 14x8 right out of the box....but it might be close. Some Reverbers get carried away on what their prizes are worth.