eBay/Craigslist cymbal alerts - the official thread

jbormann

Reaction score
Anyone ever order an out of stock cymbal on Amazon? There's a 23" Soultone Custom for $154 that I wanted to jump on but ot says "Temporarily out of stock" and then a notation that if you were to order they wouldn't charge you until it ships. Customer Service couldn't give me even a clue as to how long it may take. I'm guessing it probably has to be made, then shipped to the states.

jbormann

Reaction score
Any SO CAL ppl here? So this guy is the US rep for Turkish made Emporer cymbals. Has overstock from NAMM I guess. He's got quite a lot of deals right now it seems but after messaging him whatever is left is getting shipped back to a wharehouse.

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
A lot of old cymbals in this post, lots of vintage stands and parts as well that should make this a good buy.

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever order an out of stock cymbal on Amazon? There's a 23" Soultone Custom for $154 that I wanted to jump on but ot says "Temporarily out of stock" and then a notation that if you were to order they wouldn't charge you until it ships. Customer Service couldn't give me even a clue as to how long it may take. I'm guessing it probably has to be made, then shipped to the states.
I know I am a month late in replying, but for future FYI for anyone considering an Amazon deal.
I took advantage of a Soultone Vintage Flat 21". I paid $138 USD. Had no intention of keeping it. I thought I would flip it, which I did for $250.

Prior to buying, I read reviews where some buyers said their previous Amazon cymbal deals arrived barely protected in box/shipment and arrived damaged.

My cymbal was NOT protected as well, but there was no damage. It came in a box twice the needed side with paper thin wrapping around it as a protector. It did come in a Soultone plastic bag, which was thick, but I would have not relied on the bag as protection from bangs as they apparently did.
It came from a warehouse in California, not a 'dealer'. I am in Atlanta, GA. Frankly, surprised it made the trip, but it did and all was good.
So, be aware.