eBay/Craigslist cymbal alerts - the official thread

jbormann

Reaction score
Anyone ever order an out of stock cymbal on Amazon? There's a 23" Soultone Custom for $154 that I wanted to jump on but ot says "Temporarily out of stock" and then a notation that if you were to order they wouldn't charge you until it ships. Customer Service couldn't give me even a clue as to how long it may take. I'm guessing it probably has to be made, then shipped to the states.

jbormann

Reaction score
Any SO CAL ppl here? So this guy is the US rep for Turkish made Emporer cymbals. Has overstock from NAMM I guess. He's got quite a lot of deals right now it seems but after messaging him whatever is left is getting shipped back to a wharehouse.

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
A lot of old cymbals in this post, lots of vintage stands and parts as well that should make this a good buy.

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever order an out of stock cymbal on Amazon? There's a 23" Soultone Custom for $154 that I wanted to jump on but ot says "Temporarily out of stock" and then a notation that if you were to order they wouldn't charge you until it ships. Customer Service couldn't give me even a clue as to how long it may take. I'm guessing it probably has to be made, then shipped to the states.
I know I am a month late in replying, but for future FYI for anyone considering an Amazon deal.
I took advantage of a Soultone Vintage Flat 21". I paid $138 USD. Had no intention of keeping it. I thought I would flip it, which I did for $250.

Prior to buying, I read reviews where some buyers said their previous Amazon cymbal deals arrived barely protected in box/shipment and arrived damaged.

My cymbal was NOT protected as well, but there was no damage. It came in a box twice the needed side with paper thin wrapping around it as a protector. It did come in a Soultone plastic bag, which was thick, but I would have not relied on the bag as protection from bangs as they apparently did.
It came from a warehouse in California, not a 'dealer'. I am in Atlanta, GA. Frankly, surprised it made the trip, but it did and all was good.
So, be aware.

drumstuff66

Reaction score
Just stumbled across this 15" K New Stamp misidentified as part of a "New Beat" pair (both are bottoms I think) - it's drilled for 2 "ribbets" - $149/Free Shipping...

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
Says it may have been trimmed down. Might have been a 23. In either case its a Trans stamp and looks tasty to me, price could be right and tight

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
Says it may have been trimmed down. Might have been a 23. In either case its a Trans stamp and looks tasty to me, price could be right and tight

Nice THIN ink on that T4. :glasses8: I hope whoever told him that the cymbal might be cut down knows that 23" is a legit size for Trans Stamps. I've recorded 4 others at that diameter, compared to 42 22" ones. Weighs are 2755g, 2804g, 2885g, 2995g. So they are out there. Edge trimming wasn't as accurate back then so it isn't uncommon to find variations in the diameter (measured in different places) as well as slight undersizing or oversizing of the diameter.

My checklist of assessing a cut down cymbal is

do the lathe lines go right to the edge and look like the tool wandered over the edge?
does the outer inch or so of the cymbal curve down as expected or is that area missing or smaller than expected?

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
I was thinking someone may have buffed off a rough spot
22 3/4 sounds about right , those were not always true to size. I bought a 20 trans stamp once and a 22 showed up, see what I mean ;)

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
But wait there's more. While looking at Mr Fathead's other sales I've now spotted a cymbal with a Trans Stamp and MEDIUM CRASH ink on it. Also a T4...misidentified as 1970s. *sigh*

Nice to see because I've been hoping to find a cymbal with CRASH ink on it from before the 1960s. So far no joy. Now joy. Official Zildjian history is a little bit unclear about how far back into the 1950s a true CRASH model might go. While it is true that for a few dollars you could have your own ink stamp made and add the words yourself, I think this fits the right font style size and shape for the factory ink stamps from the 1950s. Once I do a full comparison of all the ink examples I've got on file I'll finally be in a position to do a detailed timeline of ink stamps (and models) in the same way we have a detailed timeline based on trademark stamps. But first I still have to go though my entire archive and collect up all the ink examples I have. And before that I owe you guys posts and email replies. And before that I've got more grandson minding duty coming up. I may be slow but I'll get there in the end.

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I also spot another Trans Stamp 22 in his offerings which would coincide with the minty RK’s he has for sale. This looks like a Closet Classic Kittankaboodle !
Welp, looks like I accidentally won that 22". Hahaha. I forgot a decimal point and bid 22000.00+ dollars as my max bid. Hahaha, what a fool!
I'm really excited to get this one, though. Nice weight and in good shape. Although, I will say all those tape residue marks on the bottom have me a touch worried.

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
And I was going to bid 21, 000! That's great. I wouldnt be too concerned about the tape, everybody taped the bajeesus out of everything back in the day., I even had tape on my sticks. Dead mute was in!
Look forward to hearing about it Mac.

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
And I was going to bid 21, 000! That's great. I wouldnt be too concerned about the tape, everybody taped the bajeesus out of everything back in the day., I even had tape on my sticks. Dead mute was in!
Look forward to hearing about it Mac.
Sweet. I'll be sure to update!

Latest posts