eBay/Craigslist cymbal alerts - the official thread

TPC

Reaction score
Nice!

I've been playing my 1725 g 20" masterpiece A LOT lately and it's sounding fabulouser and fabulouser.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Man, oh man. I would kill to lay some sticks on these pups. Look at the bells on 'em. Beautiful cymbals.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZILDJIAN-VINTAGE-20-RIDE-CRASH-CYMBAL-1733G-WEIGHT/202869380071

A Zildjian 20" trans stamp at 1730 gm on Ebay going for a lot at $247 with shipping. And this has a big key hole. I wouldn't have expected more than about $150-$200. My interest in this one is that I have the same cymbal at 1780 gm and no key hole. And it sounds heavenly as a nearly perfect jazz crash/ride. Note that the under bidder on this cymbal was a major Ebay cymbal dealer with thousands of feedback.

Last edited:

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Trans stamp and thin weight should run the value up pretty well. Some are not as bothered as others when it comes to a keyhole or more specifically a potentially great sounding cymbal with a keyhole.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Trans stamp and thin weight should run the value up pretty well. Some are not as bothered as others when it comes to a keyhole or more specifically a potentially great sounding cymbal with a keyhole.
I don't mind keyholes at all as long as the cymbal is accordingly priced. With cymbal companies looking for gimmicks all the time, they could machine in the keyhole so that the "sweet spot" will have always at the bottom. I can see the ad copy right now. Every trendie would be tripping over themselves to buy the cymbal with "Automatic Tone Zone Alignment."

GeeDeeEmm

P24ping

Reaction score
Hi...I am selling 3 zildjian a custom's on the bay, all 3 in a bundle deal, few days left on the auction...I just bought a paiste 24" ride..love that cymbal