Ebay/Craigslist heads up for vintage drums-the official thread

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think Pearl recently reintroduced those shells for a brief time, and from what I remember they were a real smash.

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
https://albany.craigslist.org/msg/d/rogers-drums/6747899479.html

Supposedly early 1970's Rogers "Big R" 5 pc kit with higher end cymbals - and hardware - for $450. That seems like a no brainer considering the cymbals are probably worth $300 or more. After hardware and roto toms....drums are essentially free. Worth checking out for someone in the Albany, NY area.

Update: turns out it's not a Rogers USA kit....but later. So not the deal it appeared to be. Still might be a good deal depending on how early in the 1984-1998 run these were.

Last edited:

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The no name cymbals look like Zildjians. Probably '70s with very hard to find logos.
A 14” Slingy floor tom ain’t nothing to sneeze at either.

Well duh, that was mentioned already. I’m cleaning the oven right now. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it. :)

Last edited:

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I don’t know much about vintage Ludwigs and I don’t know if these are in good shape? Were there no badges or are they just missing?

cutaway79

Reaction score
I don’t know much about vintage Ludwigs and I don’t know if these are in good shape? Were there no badges or are they just missing?
Guessing they were taken off when the finish was taken off. Great price for a player's/studio kit though. These drums aren't mine. Just seemed like a good deal, so I figured I'd share.