Ebay/Craigslist heads up for vintage drums-the official thread

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
Buy it now was 400. Someone decided that was too good of a deal and ruined it by hitting the starting price taking away the golden opportunity

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I have dealt with that seller in the past and he seems to know his stuff. I have never been disappointed with what I received. I do agree the pricing is very optimistic on this drum, but maybe someone out there has a 20/12/14 and this would be a once-in-a-lifetime chance to add a VERY desirable drum.

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
Have dealt w him as well, no doubt on the quality. However I raise a brow once for the astronomical price( that's Gretsch RB 18 territory) and raise another for a 1960 tag on a late 60's drum.
Good luck with that!

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
"Don't FEAR the BIN."

Nice 5 piece 1973 copper wrap Slingerland kit on Ebay 12,13,16,20 and CuOW snare. Local Pickup. Original heads for the most part. Pretty decent condition for a copper wrap. Bid is up to $830 so far. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes closer to a $1000. It had a buy it now at $750. Hard to fathom but the guy who hit the $500 starting bid and killed the BIN....has now bid it up to $830??!! The initial bidder could have had it for $750...and now might not even end up with it. What a shame. Must have figured they could save $50-$100 by chiseling a bit and not using the BIN. Sometimes though, the BIN is a good deal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/slingerland-drums-vintage/153354908165

Update.....the kit sells for $1026 with strong bids in the last 10 seconds as another bidder enters. Mr. "Could have had it for $750" doesn't get it. Considering there's around $300+ of extras with the kit....not a bad deal figuring the 5 drums at $700. I'd bet those Copper Over Wood snare drums aren't the easiest things to locate....especially when nice. This kit was on CL about a week ago for only $500....but within a day or so it was also up on Ebay as well. I suspect the seller got enough calls on it that they knew they had under-priced it.

Last edited: