Ebay/Craigslist heads up for vintage drums-the official thread

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If your near Vinita OK, local pickup auction, there is an older Acro, possible 60s (on far left of pic, might even be 6.5 cant quite tell from pic) and some older cymbals in the lot plus some not so great other stuff that will probably keep price down.
ends sat 13. is at 5 dollars now.
That's a standard 14x5 Acro, but the real prize is likely the Supra.

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
Looks like some collector is clearing out maybe 5 or 6 sets and several snares. The slingy set in gold sparkle looks really nice as does the sonor in silver sparkle

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Rogers 1959 Holiday in Mardi Gras finish -12,14,20 and snare. Bottom rims missing. 3 cracked lugs on snare. Eagle badges on 3 of the 4. Fairly scarce kit. Boston, MA region. $850 asking price.
Most of these lugs look too 'square' to me....are they even B&B's?

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/msg/d/hudson-1959-rogers-holiday-mardi-grad/6880086742.html

Update: seller replaced a couple lugs....and jacked the price up to $1200 on May 7th with a refreshed listing. Oh well.

And by May 13th the listing has been removed.

Last edited:

levelpebble

Reaction score
Yes, If I were farther north, I would definitely be making contact on the Mardi Gras Rogers kit. Needs so much work, but the asking price is not too dear for the rarity. You are correct, the lugs on the toms are not Rogers, which begs one to wonder if the mounting holes have been corrupted. Even some of the flat B&B's on the bass look a little strange, as if they are on flat rectangular 'lifts' like you see on Slingerland Stage Band center lug basses.

A lot of work needed on this kit, but definitely worthy of the time and effort required.

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
posted today. Nice assortment. I count 8 cymbals most likely old Zildjian A's, at least one flat based cymbal stand maybe more. 2 or 3 old hi-hat stands and bdrum pedals. a 26 base that looks pretty good with claws and rims. 2 snares maybe Leedy or Slingers. rest of stuff would just be good for parts or a rewrap project. Overall, lot of stuff for 500 and I am sure that is a starting price, probably talk down a bit. in Kent WA

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
2 bidders ran themselves up from $1200-$2000 in the last 4 minutes. One upsmanship to the max. Though a 3rd bidder showed up with a single bid above $2000 as well. At least having 3 bidders suggests it's not just 2 hard headed people that won't give up. Wouldn't be surprised if this one ends up with a non-paying bidder. Everyone loves to be a winner....until it's time to pay the piper. The winning bidder put in an early "nuclear" bid back at $1200 with 4 minutes left in the auction. And the other 2 guys took shots trying to uncover their bid...and couldn't do it. Either the winning bidder HAD to have this at any cost (dealer?) or they were just funning around. If I were the winning bidder I'd have had 2 computers up and running and placed my big bid with 5-8 seconds to go....or use a sniping program for back up.

Last edited:

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
Dang! Is that a record for highest price paid for an Acro?
Yes that a record for a b/o badge , I believe the current record is 2k sold by Custom Vintage drums which is now defunct (Keystone)

There may be as few as 10 of these out there. At one time I verified at least 6 that were known, a couple others have surfaced since then.

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Simply insane and beautiful WMP Slingerland kit. Basically Double Buddy kit on steroids. Out of Shingle Springs, CA.

Latest posts