Ebay/Craigslist heads up for vintage drums-the official thread

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
20" Capri Pearl Slingerland kick, anyone?

Capri drums came with capri inlay in the hoops, thought the silver sparkle looks good.

jptrickster

DFO Star
Reaction score
The inside beauty is very last of the Keller 3 ply maple shell first year of the double cut sharp edge. B$B lugs have no cracks

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
For those that collect Kent drums, This one at 30 dollars looks in really good shape.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
$500 for a 4 piece Tama Superstar super maple kit? Std size 13,14,16,24. These are getting stupid cheap. Central NJ Craigs List.

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/msg/d/lyons-tama-superstar-1980s-4-piece/6948535701.html

------------------------------

That KENT snare drum above is an odd one to me. Kent usually didn't have re-rings on their shells. And that wood color looks like mahogany and not "Kent maple." Throw off looks MIJ. Lugs are Kent style. When Kent started having their shells built overseas in the 1970's the badge went from round to rectangular. So this one is like a mixture of Kent and MIJ to me.

Attachments

Last edited:

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
$500 for a 4 piece Tama Superstar super maple kit? These are getting stupid cheap.
Yep, and if the market there is anywhere near what it is here, he will have to get down to the $300 range to move it. The drum market hasn't hit bottom yet. I'm saving up some hobby money for when it gets down even lower.

GeeDeeEmm

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
He started out around $650. And that guy is one of the top CL/Ebay resalers in NJ for used vintage drum gear. I'm surprised it didn't go at $550. If he weren't 3-1/2 hrs from me, I'd already be on my way to pick it up. Maybe part of the resistance is the larger rack tom + kick size? The seller is smack dab in the middle of the Philly / NY City / Long Island Region....though at least an hour from each of them. There were one of these kits on here recently in the $500-$600 range.

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Guess I’ll post this here, too. If you’re in NC, go buy this!

superunknown

Reaction score
Im searching for 24" TAMA Superstar kicks in Candy Apple Red
If anyone has one they would like to part with at a fair price, please contact me.
Thanks

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Mapex Orion birch kit in Orange Country, New York.... $299. Pretty darn cheap for any Orion, even if it's an early version with mixed birch/basswood shells. Would make a nice "starter" or second kit for someone. I do not know the seller.

Mapex Orion 4 piece kit
That's odd. I don't recall having ever heard of or seen an Orion kit made of birch. Orion was their top tier drum kit then, and maple shells were the calling card. New one on me. Would love to see the badges.

GeeDeeEmm

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
If you need a gold sparkle to complete your kit, here is a nice looking Ludwig Pioneer listed 4 100 but guess they would take less. Looks to be listed by a non drummer.

Attachments

GoJaskill

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Never seen pointy-badge vistalite octobans before!