Ebay/Craigslist heads up for vintage drums-the official thread

count_me_in

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first post here after being a long-time lurker.

Attention all CT-area members, I stumbled upon this $10 listing on FB Marketplace, which included what appears to be a 60s Gretsch snare with Renown throw-off.

The guy was in fact ready to let everything go for just $10, being unaware of the snare value. That being said, it is a bit of a restoration project as the the hoops are rusted over and the wrap is peeled/torn on one side. I can't comment on the interior quality of the drum.

It is too far of a drive for me to pickup by the time he needs to move it, and he'd prefer not to ship. In the time we messaged, he said he's now receiving more offers for the snare. No idea what his current high-offer may be, but if you are in the area and interested it might be worth your while to inquire.

Listing now says "sold" but that appears to be just for the black kit since he updated the listing to say the Gretsch snare wasn't included.

Posting here to pay it forward in hopes that one day I'll find some nice deals for myself. I've learned the search is grueling as I look to complete my first affordable vintage kit...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/179947000039891/

Attachments

ludwig402

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Duco Club Date toms on Goodwill - pick up only in MN

_geodan_

Reaction score
9 days left on the auction at time of posting.

Unwrapped and plugged refurb Slingerland Radio King 3 piece
Skin drum heads and original hardware

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
9 days left on the auction at time of posting.

Unwrapped and plugged refurb Slingerland Radio King 3 piece
Skin drum heads and original hardware

Wow. Those are really sweet. They've got some nice mods and modernization going on. Not to mention the nice looking goat skins. That's probably a joy to play.
God damn do I wish I had $1100 dollars...

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Upon further review...
Have any of you played one of those heads with the fur? They must be pretty muffled, right?

Those seams are kind of gnar, too...

Roosto

Reaction score

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Latest posts