Ebay Global Shipping?

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A bought a few things on the 28th of July off of eBay. 1 item was from Germany (actually purchased 2 days later) & it arrived Monday (yesterday). The 2 items purchased from the US found their way to the Global Shipping Center in ERLANGER, KY quite quickly, but now they have both been sitting there since August 2nd. Yeah, I know there a global pandemic going on. I'm just wondering if every Ebay package in North America is sitting there or are folks getting stuff delivered?

amazish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
l'm in lsrael and buy from ebay US. Global shipping still is working great. A bit slower..sitting longer at their warehouse...but still works great and still pretty fast. l'm almost sure that all items will arrive to you only will take a bit longer.
[USPS is pretty fast too. About 10 days from the US to Israel these days. Probably won't stay that way forever ; ) ]

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
l'm in lsrael and buy from ebay US. Global shipping still is working great. A bit slower..sitting longer at their warehouse...but still works great and still pretty fast. l'm almost sure that all items will arrive to you only will take a bit longer.
[USPS is pretty fast too. About 10 days from the US to Israel these days. Probably won't stay that way forever ; ) ]
As of tomorrow my "blacro" will have been sitting in Erlanger, KY for 10 days. I ship using Post Canada/USPS when selling stuff to forum members & have been extremely happy (or lucky) with that format. Stuff gets there intact, usually fast & in less than a week the buyer logs on here & thanks me. I dread the waiting period in-between. In this case both sellers (BG Acrolite & a replacement muffler) got their wares out the door immediately, then they were easily trackable & both items just stopped dead at Erlanger. I'm not stressed out that I'll get them, but I am also thinking of making a bigger purchase on the Bay in the US & am thinking about holding off until I receive these first.

amazish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes it happened with my items too. Stuck for about 10 days then got on the move.... less man power l guess is causing delays. But eventually arrived well.

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sure. Good luck...enjoy that drum ! ; ]
I (hopefully) will when it (hopefully) gets here! I think the replacement muffler is winning the race at this point. It has cleared customs and may arrive within the week. The Blackro is still in "Customs Documentation and Labeling" limbo in Erlanger, KY, 3 weeks in.

amazish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
3 weeks is a lot indeed.... lets hope it will arrive safe. And hope this is the worst of our trouble in life

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
3 weeks is a lot indeed.... lets hope it will arrive safe. And hope this is the worst of our trouble in life
Thanks Amazish. I try to avoid talking about the "worst of our trouble in life" as they're usually OT, so I just stick to posting my little drum related problems & foibles. I hope the folks in KY are safe, though.....dang, that came out wrong :hiding:

amazish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
...write ebay an email about this with all the details. l think my item got moving from the warehouse once after l wrote them about a longer than usual delay..............

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
Don't feel too bad. I bought two different cymbals on eBay from the same seller in Poland, a few days apart. He used the post office to ship them. And I saw verification that they were given to the post office in less than a week. First cymbal arrived at my house in California in 8 weeks. The second package arrived in 10 weeks. Now THAT'S SLOW!
Stretch

lrod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered some covers on eBay from the Ukraine. The guy shipped immediately and they arrived into the US within a few days. I tracked them and they stayed at the NY processing center for weeks. Total time to delivery was 1 month. Things are slow now!

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I ordered some covers on eBay from the Ukraine. The guy shipped immediately and they arrived into the US within a few days. I tracked them and they stayed at the NY processing center for weeks. Total time to delivery was 1 month. Things are slow now!
Gettin' awfully close to a month now! Today is the latest estimated delivery date. I haven't received the "Customs Cleared" notification yet, so I'm assuming it's still in the US & will eventually do a little Montreal/Chicoutimi/Quebec City tango with Post Canada after that. Hands across the World....
Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 9.51.16 AM.png

amazish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear.... delays are to be expected l think considering this mess.
l just bought an item on ebay US with global shipping. Hope it won't be 3 months to deliver...
Interesting how AliExpress items from china now arrive in 10 days.... less people buying there maybe

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My Nike custom order got here from Vietnam with UPS in less than a week.

Its doable aparently.

All my ither stuff is still in transit.
Seems like it's anything
My Nike custom order got here from Vietnam with UPS in less than a week.

Its doable aparently.

All my ither stuff is still in transit.
The stuff I ordered from Germany got here in under a week, so yes, it's doable apparently. But that was shipped straight to Canada, not through the states. I think what pisses me off is not the waiting, but that I cannot follow the @#$% tracking. Tracking info is ultra complete from seller shipping up to and through the Global Shipping warehouse, but once it's shipped from there I get nothing.....which is funny because the package is now further from me than where the seller shipped it from.

amazish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
....bought a snare drum on ebay USA... got to ebay's warehouse on August 27th and now it cleared customs and is out from the warehouse September 1st.... no serious delay.... so far so good. l really hope the drum arrives safe. Quite rare and unique drum........

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
....bought a snare drum on ebay USA... got to ebay's warehouse on August 27th and now it cleared customs and is out from the warehouse September 1st.... no serious delay.... so far so good. l really hope the drum arrives safe. Quite rare and unique drum........
My snare arrived on the 27! My street is torn down to the water mains & the shipping company left it in a huge pile of gravel with about a dozen Caterpillars and dump trucks going by on the street, my front door unlocked of course. It wan't stolen or broken thankfully!