Ebay Nightmare

Pounder

DFO Master
Reaction score
Why do you not want the drums? Because of the wrong bass drum size? Did he mention the wrong size before he shipped it?
The color looks great, except if you wanted to find other drums in the same color you could have trouble. But, being colorblind, does it really matter?

I'm just saying if the size of the bass drum isn't a deal breaker, then just ask for a partial refund to compensate for a smaller drum, which is usually cheaper price wise.

I seriously doubt the seller has any interest seeing those drums again. He shipped them to you, and is no longer located where he was when he sent them. Shipping to Russia would be very expensive.

I would talk to eBay and mention the fact that the seller moved quickly after sending the drums to you, and it is part of the problem with your even returning them, but he substantially screwed up the description to the extent that you want a refund value to compensate for the other color and other size.

About any required return shipping: request to be sent a pickup tag for the drums that is addressed by the seller where they're to be sent. If you do go this route, though, make sure you DON'T send them until you have the cash refund equivalent in your possession.

Pounder

DFO Master
Reaction score
You should have an easy time with return shipping. The seller shipped from LA California. You out to be able to slap labels on them and send them away. It isn't your problem that the seller is now in Russia. Ebay would recognize this and would probably not even allow them to be returned to other than where they came from (domestic)

Toast Tee

Reaction score
Why do you not want the drums? Because of the wrong bass drum size? Did he mention the wrong size before he shipped it?
The color looks great, except if you wanted to find other drums in the same color you could have trouble. But, being colorblind, does it really matter?

I'm just saying if the size of the bass drum isn't a deal breaker, then just ask for a partial refund to compensate for a smaller drum, which is usually cheaper price wise.

I seriously doubt the seller has any interest seeing those drums again. He shipped them to you, and is no longer located where he was when he sent them. Shipping to Russia would be very expensive.

I would talk to eBay and mention the fact that the seller moved quickly after sending the drums to you, and it is part of the problem with your even returning them, but he substantially screwed up the description to the extent that you want a refund value to compensate for the other color and other size.

About any required return shipping: request to be sent a pickup tag for the drums that is addressed by the seller where they're to be sent. If you do go this route, though, make sure you DON'T send them until you have the cash refund equivalent in your possession.
The kit wasn't as described. I'm confident he knew it too. I have a couple 20 inch Bubinga kits, and was looking for the 22 he mentioned in the ad. Also imo the Copper sparkle really is stunning!
An example. If you bought a $200 steak from a top steakhouse, and asked for it rare, and they gave you one well. Idk about you, but I'm returning it, unless they give it to me at a very discounted price. I'd still think about it, as I just don't like steak well done.
Kinda corner, but not much different

Last edited:

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
To the member who said it's not my business what he paid. After a min of thought on the matter, I have to respectfully disagree. Breaking even is a whole lot better than losing $.
Am I wrong, or are you the seller? Lol
That's up to him to decide. Why is it your business what he paid?

Toast Tee

Reaction score
That's up to him to decide. Why is it your business what he paid?
It's not. Unless he wants to make his $ back, or even a couple bucks with no more headaches. That's logical, fair, and reasonable

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
It's not. Unless he wants to make his $ back, or even a couple bucks with no more headaches. That's logical, fair, and reasonable
Yes, it is. It's just that I was the one that said that it wasn't your business, then you posted:
To the member who said it's not my business what he paid. After a min of thought on the matter, I have to respectfully disagree.

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was looking at that kit on ebay and coveted it. Love the color and the sizes, even with a smaller bass. I’d take it off your hands but I don’t have the money any time soon.
As mentioned (have been on both sides of this ebay horror) Ebay will make it right and shipping won't cost you dime. Wrong color, wrong size he fk'd up not you.
That’s right, you will get back every penny with little trouble.

Toast Tee

Reaction score
Yes, it is. It's just that I was the one that said that it wasn't your business, then you posted:
To the member who said it's not my business what he paid. After a min of thought on the matter, I have to respectfully disagree.
Disagree with me, or him? It really doesn't matter, I'm just not Understanding your thought process. Convince me. He can lose all $ in the bank (I sent him) and try to start all over, or he can be reasonable, keep the $ he paid, and possibly make a few bucks. "A half a bird in hand"

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If the seller is sharp and finds you posting here, he can use all your comments against you with Ebay.....ie trying to get the kit for half the listed price....wouldn't we all for a small 2" + color difference. For all Ebay knows you may have known what the true sizes were but ordered it with the intention of screaming foul and getting a big rebate. Don't create any additional obstacles to your case.
What???
What is the OP writing that would go against his case? He can write whatever he wants and they still have to refund him. eBay is not a court, I think a little less worrying is warranted here. Bottom line is the seller screwed up sending what was not described. They gotta pay Toast Tee his full money and he returns the drums with them paying the shipping. If they don't come to an agreement on a negotiated solution that's what happens. It's very clear!

Toast Tee

Reaction score
What???
What is the OP writing that would go against his case? He can write whatever he wants and they still have to refund him. eBay is not a court, I think a little less worrying is warranted here. Bottom line is the seller screwed up sending what was not described. They gotta pay Toast Tee his full money and he returns the drums with them paying the shipping. If they don't come to an agreement on a negotiated solution that's what happens. It's very clear!
Exactly!

Pounder

DFO Master
Reaction score
The kit wasn't as described. I'm confident he knew it too. I have a couple 20 inch Bubinga kits, and was looking for the 22 he mentioned in the ad. Also imo the Copper sparkle really is stunning!
An example. If you bought a $200 steak from a top steakhouse, and asked for it rare, and they gave you one well. Idk about you, but I'm returning it, unless they give it to me at a very discounted price. I'd still think about it, as I just don't like steak well done.
Kinda corner, but not much different
More like the steak was placed on your table by the chef, then the chef left the building, and now you must figure out how to return it to him, and by the way, he won't be making you another steak, because he's in Russia. Point being, return shipping is paid by the seller. All this happens before the seller can get the money, because Paypal freezes the funds. If you haven't made a Paypal claim yet, it would be wise to do so.

Toast Tee

Reaction score
More like the steak was placed on your table by the chef, then the chef left the building, and now you must figure out how to return it to him, and by the way, he won't be making you another steak, because he's in Russia. Point being, return shipping is paid by the seller. All this happens before the seller can get the money, because Paypal freezes the funds. If you haven't made a Paypal claim yet, it would be wise to do so.
Lmao. Better analogy than mine.
I didn't know they freeze the $. That's a great insurance policy.
I had mentioned earlier that FedEx no longer ships to Russia. To get it there will cost an arm, and a leg if I can find a company that does. Customs from US sent packages became a big problem, and in 2014, I'm not even sure who could bring it there??
I think an offer of 11 is more than fair. I was reading his last MIJ review. The guy got it for $975, with a 22. 11 would most likely get him his $ back, and a bit for himself. Yes, I'd be getting a good deal, but no more headaches for anyone.
If I were in his position, I'd grab it.
Since the $ is frozen, I would be getting my portion back from Ebay, and he wouldn't have to do a thing.
Geez, if it were me, and I screwed up like that, I'd definitely give it to him for cost, to get my score good, and to make it up to whoever I screwed a deal with. Btw, he's supposed to be calling me soon.
Guess we'll see??

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
Even if he’s not lurking here he’s been doing ebay for a while he knows the #1 rule.
Seller is always wrong. Pay up sucker!

Toast Tee

Reaction score
Sounds fair to me.
As for shipping to Russia, Ebay will, but an arm and leg
ebay.com is the largest marketplace in the world with millions of products for sale everday and, thanks to Borderlinx, you can nowship it all to Russia. ... But shipping from the USA can be expensive, specially if you don't know what the import tax & duties will be; or sellers on ebay.com might just not ship to Russia.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I do get the feeling he's seeing this. Anyone else?
Well, as if it isn't strange enough yet, you do have two members here that post pretty regularly (rculberson and Matt Bettis) that previously owned the kit.... So probably not out of the question.

Just as another aside...

You have said that you wanted to collect\buy up as many bubinga kits as you can as an investment. Since this kit is a bubinga kit, and may possibly be even more attractive to a lot of buyers with a 20" bass drum over a 22" bass drum, and since many have posted that the color, even though not what you thought it was, is a really nice color...

I can't see how you can lose-unless you overpaid for it from the start....or have to go through the time and aggravation to re-box and reship (even if seller does pay the fees).

You could probably sell the kit here pretty quick if you get a partial refund if you really don't want it.

Toast Tee

Reaction score
Crazy! Small world.
I'm not going to go into this any further until this is resolved 1 way, or another.

Toast Tee

Reaction score
I will say one more thing. If he accepts the terms, I won't leave any comment at all on Ebay about the seller.

Latest posts