Ebay Nightmare

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Good luck, Toast Tee. I think after getting over the fact that errors occurred it is still a sweet kit.

rculberson

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
wait..what?... the set has mojo!!!
That’s right, Joe! Ol’ Ryno AND Bettis have both graced this drum set with some of the finest hamfistedness you’ll ever hear! That alone oughta be worth the discount Toast Tee is looking for. Now, if Matt would’ve had Sinc play on them, that might’ve been a different story. LOL!

Seriously, though, it’s a really nice set of drums. I enjoyed my time with them and I’m pretty sure Matt liked them as well. Can’t remember exactly, but I think he used the proceeds from the sale to build his mobile cymbalsmithing rig.

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
Pretty amazing the set 'stayed" in the area and then was sold by A Russian.

You couldn't daydream/ Nightmare that. Well... wait..

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Disagree with me, or him? It really doesn't matter, I'm just not Understanding your thought process. Convince me. He can lose all $ in the bank (I sent him) and try to start all over, or he can be reasonable, keep the $ he paid, and possibly make a few bucks. "A half a bird in hand"
And I'm not understanding yours. You are the one who disagreed with my statement that it's none of your concern what he - the seller on ebay - paid for the kit, and it's your statement that is italicized in my post. Your language is really unclear - you say " . . . or he can be reasonable, keep the $ he paid . . . " Who did he pay? Do you mean "the $ he (was) paid (by you)"? Maybe all along you've meant that you need to know what he was paid for the kit - minus ebay fees - and if that's the case then, I've been wasting both our times'!

Tanabata

Reaction score
Pretty amazing the set 'stayed" in the area and then was sold by A Russian.

You couldn't daydream/ Nightmare that. Well... wait..
This seller still has things on ebay and has been selling a long time. I have a feeling that the whole "I'm in Russia now" thing is a crock. OP, just go through ebay and get your bread back.

rculberson

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This isn’t really relevant to the topic, but if I had those drums again right now, I’d send the bass drum to Detamore and have him knock it down to either 14” or 12” deep, then re-edge the cut. I’d then put the 10” & 14” toms in a closet, forget about them entirely, and happily play it as a 12-15-20 set.

Last edited:

Toast Tee

Reaction score
And I'm not understanding yours. You are the one who disagreed with my statement that it's none of your concern what he - the seller on ebay - paid for the kit, and it's your statement that is italicized in my post. Your language is really unclear - you say " . . . or he can be reasonable, keep the $ he paid . . . " Who did he pay? Do you mean "the $ he (was) paid (by you)"? Maybe all along you've meant that you need to know what he was paid for the kit - minus ebay fees - and if that's the case then, I've been wasting both our times'!
Lol, don't worry about it. Along with being color blind, I'm dyslexic. I realize what I write can get confusing.
I think being dyslexic helps me with Reggae, colorblind, I don't know the difference. It's amazing I can see

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
This isn’t really relevant to the topic, but if I had those drums again right now, I’d send the bass drum to Detamore and have him knock it down to either 14” or 12” deep, then te-edge the cut. I’d then put the 10” & 14” toms in a closet, forget about them entirely, and happily play it as a 12-15-20 set.
You and I are identical twins on this matter.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I do get the feeling he's seeing this. Anyone else?
[/QUOTE
This seller still has things on ebay and has been selling a long time. I have a feeling that the whole "I'm in Russia now" thing is a crock. OP, just go through ebay and get your bread back.
If he has a good feedback history it might not be BS. "I'm in Russia now", doesn't necessarily mean he's there forever. Maybe he's traveling there now. My "Benefit of the doubt" side tries to reason with both sides when I see situations like this. Maybe I'm just being naive, who knows!

Last edited:

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I will say one more thing. If he accepts the terms, I won't leave any comment at all on Ebay about the seller.
Why not? The seller made a mistake in his listing. It happens all the time. He has a 100% rating, so he's not a scammer. He seems perfectly willing to correct the mistake, and either way, you will be made whole.

IMO, you're making WAY to big a deal of this matter. If the seller follows through with making this right, then you should give him positive feedback. For cryin' out loud, give him the benefit of the doubt.

And offering him 1/2 what you paid for the kit is simply ludicrous. And predatory, because you have him over a barrel. Don't take advantage of him. Offer him a FAIR value and leave it at that.

Oh, and enjoy that beautiful, gorgeous, and outstanding set of drums. Most of us would die to have a kit like that.

GeeDeeEmm

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Why not? The seller made a mistake in his listing. It happens all the time. He has a 100% rating, so he's not a scammer. He seems perfectly willing to correct the mistake, and either way, you will be made whole.

IMO, you're making WAY to big a deal of this matter. If the seller follows through with making this right, then you should give him positive feedback. For cryin' out loud, give him the benefit of the doubt.

And offering him 1/2 what you paid for the kit is simply ludicrous. And predatory, because you have him over a barrel. Don't take advantage of him. Offer him a FAIR value and leave it at that.

Oh, and enjoy that beautiful, gorgeous, and outstanding set of drums. Most of us would die to have a kit like that.

GeeDeeEmm
Ever had one of those moments where out of the blue someone says the exact and perfect thing that needs to be said?

Yea...me too....just now...lol

(Especially liking the: "you will be made whole" That is classic...)

I was kind of hinting that in my post above...

Tea, is collecting\investing in "bubinga kits", gets a nice bubinga kit...with an incorrectly listed BD size and color (insert here: Tea is colorblind...lol, and how many of us can always identify a kits "proper" wrap?). Suddenly we are in a "nightmare on eBay street" with a Russian operative...lol. Not like getting a Sears Robuck kit in a Tama box, but ok, two things were off... So ask the dude for $150-$200 bucks back and call it a win...

Now, if, IF you were trying to match a Copper Burst kit and needed a 22" bass drum to complete it, and the guy shipped you a 20" bd in Marigold? Well, that is a problem (still not quite a nightmare though...lol).

Anyway...wishing everyone, sellers AND buyers alike everywhere, a good day!

Toast Tee

Reaction score
Lol, don't worry about it. Along with being color blind, I'm dyslexic. I realize what I write can get confusing

Toast Tee

Reaction score
Sorry for being a PITA! I hope you get this straightened out.
No problems. Everyone I've encountered here has been super cool, and helpful.
I have not heard back from the seller for a couple days. I put in my request to return, with a slightly higher offer than I had mentioned.
So for the people in the know with Ebay, what's the protocol if I don't hear anything in 3 days. I also am doubting he's in Russia. Moscow, as he had said he's 9 hours ahead of EST. That's not the case at all. He also has other items listed from Cali
This could have been taken care of immediately.
The nightmare continues

A_T_P

Reaction score
No problems. Everyone I've encountered here has been super cool, and helpful.
I have not heard back from the seller for a couple days. I put in my request to return, with a slightly higher offer than I had mentioned.
So for the people in the know with Ebay, what's the protocol if I don't hear anything in 3 days. I also am doubting he's in Russia. Moscow, as he had said he's 9 hours ahead of EST. That's not the case at all. He also has other items listed from Cali
This could have been taken care of immediately.
The nightmare continues
If for whatever reason you do need to ship to Russia (though I’m on the side that that’s probably not true), ask eBay to use their Global Shipping Program. You ship to Erlanger, KY, eBay takes it from there.

Toast Tee

Reaction score
If for whatever reason you do need to ship to Russia (though I’m on the side that that’s probably not true), ask eBay to use their Global Shipping Program. You ship to Erlanger, KY, eBay takes it from there.
Thanks. I was looking at shipping prices to Russia, and to ship this kit would be way more expensive than the kit itself.
Since he still has items for sale on Ebay, didn't know the time difference, and a history of dishonesty, yeah.....I highly doubt he's in Russia. He would have taken my offer, and not looked back.
He kept telling me he'd call me, but that would have given his location nationally away instantly.
Whatever mojo the kit had, is gone (to me anyway).
Oh, and items shipped from the US to Russia successfully, is a long shot

Latest posts