Eddie Money

MBB

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I read a couple weeks ago that he was fighting cancer, now it was just announced that he passed away this morning. Sad news.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
RIP Eddie. Loved his music. Had a classic voice for sure.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Rock in Peace, Eddie Money.

Having seen his awful reality show, it's clear to me his free-spending wife and kids will soon grow to truly understand exactly how hard Mr. Money worked on their behalf.

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
RIP Eddie. Met him back in '94 along with the rest of his touring band at that time. Super cool guys, really down to earth.

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
Sad news. Great rock singer. He recently had a great cameo on The Kominsky Method.

Eddie Money (@ImEddieMoney) Tweeted:
Check out my cameo in Chuck Lorre's latest series 'The Kominsky Method' on Netflix! https://t.co/IvfpADWIol

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Around 1977 before he got signed, I met him outside SF's Mabuhay Gardens in the entry line for a show, (some new all-girl band called The GoGos, also unsigned)
a friend of mine was Eddie's drummer for a couple years.

It's life for the taking ~ Rest In Peace Mr. Mahoney

florian1

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
we opened for him when he came thru Cleveland years ago. I had the opportunity to have dinner with him in the catering tent - we both ate chicken and we talked for about an hour - just shooting the sh1t, talking music, family, etc... he was such a sweet, caring guy - I have fond memories of that gig and of that dinner with Eddie. His tour bus had dollar signs for a front license plate and Eddie hauled all his merch underneath the bus...he actually schlepped all the boxes himself (I offered, but he said he wanted to do it himself). RIP Eddie, and thanks for the nice chat and allowing us to open for you.

F

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
RIP Money Man. His longtime drummer (2 different tenures), John Snider Jr. was my drum teacher. Eddie always had fantastic touring bands.

doubleroll

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow went so quick...he now has his ticket to paradise. Thanks for the tunes! R.I.P.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, saw him a few yrs ago, quite good, opened with 2 tickets....R.I.P.

I did notice at his show.....there were a lot of women in the audience....all singing his songs. The dude connected with the ladies.

Last edited:

fibes3

Reaction score
RIP Money Man. His longtime drummer (2 different tenures), John Snider Jr. was my drum teacher. Eddie always had fantastic touring bands.
Sorry to hear of his passing.

John Snider was also my drum teacher in Bakersfield. John is one of one the nicest human beings I've ever met and I understand so was Eddie Money.