Eddie Money

MasterBlaster

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey - me too, LOL! Nobody forced me to suck down those Marlboros...

I quit 15 years ago... alas! Not soon enough!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hey - me too, LOL! Nobody forced me to suck down those Marlboros...

I quit 15 years ago... alas! Not soon enough!
Prayers for you as always! I quit Camels almost 2 years ago. Started 29 years ago, quit for 10 years and then went back to it and then quit again in January of 2018. I will always be scared! Really sorry that you are going thru that man:(

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
RIP Eddie. Met him back in '94 along with the rest of his touring band at that time. Super cool guys, really down to earth.
I got that from his interviews. In one he actually mentioned that most of the people that you see are in the business for as long as he’s been is really nice. The business is small and you don’t want to burn any bridges.

Gunnellett

Reaction score
I always had respect for Eddie Money.

In 1989, I saw him in concert at St. Bonaventure University. Warrant opened up. Remember "Cherry Pie"

Anyway, Eddie Money came out and right away jumped into playing "Two Tickets to Paradise", Shakin', etc. At first I was thinking wow, way to start the show and people were pumped! Then he played another hit and I'm thinking, what are you doing, you are blowing all your wad in one shot, what are you going to do for the next 2 hours. He kept right on playing all of his half dozen or so hits. Everyone was going crazy. And yes, especially the ladies!

Then the lights came on and he thanked everyone for the coming and that he wished he could play longer but there was a bomb threat and everyone needed to exit the building in an orderly fashion.

Of course the bomb threat ended up being a college prank. Eddie could have just walked with his money without potentially being put in harm's way but instead he wanted to go out and give the folks who paid to come see him the best show he could in a limited amount of time.

Much respect Mr. Money!

RIP

Last edited:

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
I always had respect for Eddie Money.

In 1989, I saw him in concert at St. Bonaventure University. Warrant opened up. Remember "Cherry Pie"

Anyway, Eddie Money came out and right away jumped into playing "Two Tickets to Paradise", Shakin', etc. At first I was thinking wow, way to start the show and people were pumped! Then he played another hit and I'm thinking, what are you doing, you are blowing all your wad in one shot, what are you going to do for the next 2 hours. He kept right on playing all of his half dozen or so hits. Everyone was going crazy. And yes, especially the ladies!

Then the lights came on and he thanked everyone for the coming and that he wished he could play longer but there was a bomb threat and everyone needed to exit the building in an orderly fashion.

Of course the bomb threat ended up being a college prank. Eddie could have just walked with his money without potentially being put in harm's way but instead he wanted to go out and give the folks who paid to come see him the best show he could in a limited amount of time.

Much respect Mr. Money!

RIP
With a bomb threat, I’m not sure I understand why it would be better to play a short set (and allow the opening band to perform).

vintagemore2000

DFO Master
Reaction score
Having just seen the New season of his show on Axis TV, It was a total shock just days later of his passing, R.I.P. Eddie !

Gunnellett

Reaction score
With a bomb threat, I’m not sure I understand why it would be better to play a short set (and allow the opening band to perform).
True. But I doubt the threat was called in before the concert because I would think they wouldn't have let people in or would have evacuated before the show. Warrant played a full set. I'm guessing Eddie opened with hit or 2 and then found out something might be up and were waiting on the word and thought screw it let's bang out the hits before leaving. I'm not in the know. Just guessing.

Maybe he said something to the effect of "I wish we could play longer but right now we need to stop and have everyone exit the building in an orderly fashion" and once outside and seeing the police we found out it was a bomb threat? I can't remember the exact words as it was so long ago but it was obvious he knew something was up cause they banged out just the hits and then stopped.

Latest posts