header.nohb.html

Effortless Mastery

ScottGunshore

idrum = udig?
Reaction score
Thanks for this post!

He came to Denver about 10 years ago to perform and talk about the book. It was a profound evening, and I bought the book / CD at the event.

I was 2 kids deep with 2 more on the way, so I never gave this my full attention even though some of the main points stuck with me over the years. Namely staying in a certain headspace and really committing to each note.

Going to pull this book back out, re-read, and give it some more effort! Or… less effort?!? More focus… that’s the ticket!

scaramanga

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This book really helped get me out of a hole a dozen or so years ago, when I basically got such a bad case of the yips I couldn't get through a song. When it started happening on gigs I started panicking and a friend recommended this book. It's not really a method book that forces you to devote hours to a routine. It's more about changing your perspective when you're in over your own head. Just read it once.

JazzAcolyte

Reaction score
This book really helped get me out of a hole a dozen or so years ago, when I basically got such a bad case of the yips I couldn't get through a song. When it started happening on gigs I started panicking and a friend recommended this book. It's not really a method book that forces you to devote hours to a routine. It's more about changing your perspective when you're in over your own head. Just read it once.
It’s both. He spends half the book telling musicians to get out of their own heads, and the other half laying out a practice method.

ScottGunshore

idrum = udig?
Reaction score
I recommend the app Hoopla to borrow the audiobook for free.

You can sign into the app with a library card to access this and a ton of other books, audiobooks, and videos.