Electronic tablets instead of paper

michaelg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone know of an android app that will let me scan in my handwritten Nashville Charts and help organize them for live use instead of using my paper charts ?

I've seen a few guys doing this and it seems a tidier option than having my sheets get blown away or fall on the ground.

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Totally not being a dick but, have you checked the camera function on your device? Ipads camera will scan now and store to whatever app you want is the reason I ask.

Going off ipad/apple apps, many have android apps as well.
Readdle documents is one I know off the top of my head. There's a free one that's pretty decent my gf told me about, I'll ask her.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I don't have an apple device but I know there is a Nashville numbers app - no clue if it would help you out beyond just looking at the image of the paper version, but it's apple only. I only know about it because it dominated the search results when I started onto my latest project

michaelg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I don't have a tablet or ipad as yet, just considering one. I'll check readdle.

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah, most will scan now using the camera and you can upload to your particular app you like.

michaelg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What is a good size tablet for live use ? 8" 10" or bigger ?

it's probably been thought of before but a tablet mounted on a bass drum would be discreet and perfect for reading. Does such a mount exist?

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I put a raspberry pi on a 10" display for my kid. I was thinking " I grew up on a 13" monochrome monitor, and it's bigger than a 7".. it's still tiny.

US Letter/A4 works out to about a 14" display, which is bigger than most tablets. Still as close to that as you can afford is what I'd try to do.

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't have an apple device but I know there is a Nashville numbers app - no clue if it would help you out beyond just looking at the image of the paper version, but it's apple only. I only know about it because it dominated the search results when I started onto my latest project
What is the name of the app please?

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I know nothing about it.