Elijah Wood

dumbdrum

Reaction score
I was going over some you tube video's today and I ran across Elijah wood on some Shania Twain video's, what's the story on he/her? NOT bashing just interested in the back story.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Wikipedia:
Elijah Wood is an American actor, voice actor, producer, and DJ. He is best known for his portrayal of Frodo Baggins in the Lord of the Rings film trilogy and in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Wood made his film debut with a small part in Back to the Future Part II.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to put it quickly, he has transitioned to she. Seems to put on a good show and keep solid time doing it.

mydadisjr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
We are talking about two different people here... Elijah the actor was born in 1981, and is a man. Elijah the drummer was born in 1996. I believe Elijah the drummer is a trans woman.

Here's a good interview: Sounds like a hard working kid.

Last edited:

wolfereeno

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elijah's a great drummer.

He's the son of someone I went to HS with - the amazing rock and roll violinist and instrument inventor, Mark Wood. I often saw the videos his dad would post to facebook when Elijah was 12, ripping up Dream Theater songs.

Then one day I realized as he was older, he was actually playing with those guys! There are also a lot of videos of him playing with his parents, who have a really interesting musical outreach thing going on to encourage more kids to realize stringed instruments and classical chops can be cool cool. It's called Electrify Your Strings. And no doubt you've seen people playing Wood Violins.

His dad was inventing all these crazy instruments in HS and was an amazing player. He's 6 years older than I am but I got to jam with him a few times when he was teaching violin to someone I was in a band with. He'd heard from her about these 15 year olds playing Mahavishnu Orch songs and came to jam with us.

Jordan Blue

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Elijah Wood is Transgender, https://www.elijahwood.pro/about
not to be confused with her dad who plays with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra (not Transgender).