Elvis Costello and the Imposters...

lamartee

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
...saw them a couple of weeks ago. Great, great show with long time collaborators Pete Thomas and Steve Nieve et al. Pete Thomas just killin' it on an extended version of "Watching the Detectives"
The Imposters.jpg

Downbeat

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
E. C. is one of my all-time favorites. I've seen him and the Attractions/Impostors many times dating back to the early 80's and can't recall them ever having a bad show.
Pete Thomas is a monster and a super nice guy as well.
Here's Pete and I a few years back in K.C.
0FCD35A8-C934-47A1-B1BC-44D5143C6817.jpeg

lamartee

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
His autobiography is pretty amazing. It's on audible.
Yeah, I've started it and put it down a couple of times. It's not an easy read but he is certainly a pretty intriguing guy.

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heck yeah! Love Elvis Costello.

thejohnlec

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Been a fan of EC for a long time. Finally got see him live later in his career when he and The Imposters opened for The Police on their reunion tour. They played all the cool stuff and the band was so tight - really nobody like Elvis as a writer. And I agree that Pete is perfect for his stuff.

p83

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
E. C. is one of my all-time favorites. I've seen him and the Attractions/Impostors many times dating back to the early 80's and can't recall them ever having a bad show.
Pete Thomas is a monster and a super nice guy as well.
Here's Pete and I a few years back in K.C.
View attachment 528172

funny you posted this picture. the one time i met pete was at the baked potato. he was very nice, and very tall.

Treviso1

DFO Star
Reaction score
One of the all-time great bands. I love Pete Thomas' playing and what he brought to the table. Classic stuff.

BlackPearl

Reaction score
I think Pete Thomas is a great rock and roll drummer. I keep returning to this performance - it is just on fire.

I've seen them only once back in 2002, at the House of Blues (I think) in Orlando.

dje31

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not to derail, but I saw Matthew Sweet at the Roxy in Atlanta in 1993, and Pete Thomas was on drums. Great show, though the bass drum made my now-wife ill due to extreme thumping, even well away from the stage.

Paradiddle

DFO Master
Reaction score
I LOVE EC. Pete Thomas is one of the most perfect singer/songwriter/rock and roll drummers around. He's humble as hell. I took a lesson from him in LA once. It was fantastic. Talked about his approach to supporting the song for most of it.