Episode 50: Live From My Drum Room - Remembering Charlie Watts

RyanLovesDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Good vid John. I’ve never known anyone who was as friendly with a Rolling Stone as you were. Pretty neat. You had me listening to Exile on Main St. again. My uncle was very fond of that album. He was a huge Stones fan and we would play some of their songs together when I was younger.

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved your show today, John .... you're right, Charlie was a simple, " gave the music what it needed" type of drummer (similar to Ringo but different style) So many Stones tracks I liked but these stand out to me in Charlie's drumming -You can't always gets what you want, Beast of Burden, Nineteen nervous breakdowns, Honky Tonk woman are but a few......

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Thanks for doing this John. it was very nice. I wrote my own little tribute to Charlie for NSMD this week. I'm looking forward to the future videos.

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sorry for the loss of your friend. That video must have been so hard to do, but it was a wonderful, heartfelt tribute. Thank you for all you add to this forum.

12 x 5 was the first Stones album I bought and Charlie was the drummer I always aspired to be.

John DeChristopher

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. I appreciate all your kind and thoughtful comments and messages.

For anyone on Facebook, I created a group called "Charlie Watts Appreciation Group" and invite you to join.

See you soon...