Eric Moore- Get Your Freak On

Prufrock

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about Eric Moore, the (ex)drummer for King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard!

Scottie15

Reaction score
Dude is one of the best drummers around. A Gospel Chops original. But I know some drummers that personally know him and they all talk about how much of a douchebag and dick head he is in real life. Apparently, his ego is insufferable.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude is one of the best drummers around. A Gospel Chops original. But I know some drummers that personally know him and they all talk about how much of a douchebag and dick head he is in real life. Apparently, his ego is insufferable.
Interesting hearsay!

Dumpy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
These textual word things have been here for some time and apparently no one has opened an artery, strangled a puppy or backed over a child with their Dualie.
It’s always funny how many musicians and actors are vilified by reckless rumors, mainly growing from a dumb urban legend. I don’t know this fellow, never been to a clinic of his, nor know someone who knows him. I have no idea, but I tend to reserve judgment. Unless TMZ followed him around and has video evidence or I had a bad interaction with him online, I will tend to think of him in a neutral manner.

polycrescendo

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eric Moore is one of my favorites. Studying his linear work alone is enough to keep anyone busy for years.

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It’s always funny how many musicians and actors are vilified by reckless rumors, mainly growing from a dumb urban legend. I don’t know this fellow, never been to a clinic of his, nor know someone who knows him. I have no idea, but I tend to reserve judgment. Unless TMZ followed him around and has video evidence or I had a bad interaction with him online, I will tend to think of him in a neutral manner.
Even then, no one is a boy scout 24/7/365.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
These textual word things have been here for some time and apparently no one has opened an artery, strangled a puppy or backed over a child with their Dualie.
I ageee with your sentiments yet it’s up to the admins what kind of language is allowed on their forum, and they have a right to enforce it or do nothing. I don’t think the forum is publicly owned and operated.

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Dude plays well gotta say those Reflectors suck the air right outta those fine drums .
Agree, but, I think that’s the defined attack he’s going for. Sacrificing tone to make the density of his playing more appreciable.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eric Moore is one of my favorites. Studying his linear work alone is enough to keep anyone busy for years.
Funny that you mention studying what he’s doing. That was one of the first things I considered while watching the drum head video - slowing down playback and trying to learn what’s he doing.

Scottie15

Reaction score

Simply stating what I've heard around the community and from other drummers. There are a few professional drummers out here in the Bay Area who can't stand the dude. I mean, if you have social media, then you can see how he reacts and responds to other drummers that are just trying to play and improve. He's condescending and always slamming other musicians.

Apparently, it's been well-known for awhile now:

Amazing drummer though.

tubelugs

Reaction score
I posted this before to crickets but I don’t care, this guy is incredible.
He’s got chops, no doubt about it. No idea if he can groove though.

Interesting, this piece he chose, he switched roles with the rest of the band: he’s playing all interesting parts, while they’re stuck with the mindless monotonous repetition.