Estrella or KORRI Cymbals? Anyone else seen one of these? Vintage Italian maybe?

jashoup

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Checking out a very interesting cymbal. From what little I've been able to gather, I think the brand or model is ESTRELLA. There is also a logo with the name KORRI. I can't find much of anything searching either name.

The pictures that the seller provided are attached. Not the most informative photos but the cymbal does look to have some old K-istic vibes, appears hand hammered.

IMG_7646.JPG IMG_7647.JPG

These photos remind me of some incredibly thin, Italian made hi hats I had awhile back. I'm wondering if this could be some kind of pre-UFIP maker.

Anyone have experience with this brand?

Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited:

jashoup

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just occurred to me that Estrella is "star" in Spanish. I wonder if this was a brand for Tama when they were still a stencil company. Would fit in with the whole "star" thing they have going on.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The "star" motif was all over many of the Italian stencil brands. You know, the K Istanbul star over the moon symbol. So the K's might have had this first.....the Italians copied it in the 40's, 50's and later. And the STAR use for Tama came from their family name....and first used in 1961.

Hoshino Gakki began manufacturing drums in 1961 under the name "Star Drums".[3] Hoshino, the family name of the founder, translates to "star field," thus the selection of the "Star Drums" brand name. The drums were manufactured at Hoshino's subsidiary, Tama Seisakusho, which had opened in 1962 to manufacture Ibanez guitars and amplifiers.

Soulfinger

Reaction score
From what I could find "Korri" was the in-house brand for Korn & Richter, a music store and distributor in Munich, Germany. The drums were made by Tromsa, no idea who made the cymbals. Apparently they were nickel silver.

jashoup

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
From what I could find "Korri" was the in-house brand for Korn & Richter, a music store and distributor in Munich, Germany. The drums were made by Tromsa, no idea who made the cymbals. Apparently they were nickel silver.
Dude. Thanks. Where on earth did you find that? I couldn't find anything but a demo video that someone had made.

Latest posts