Evans UV2 Heads

Drum Gear Review

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Got a set of these a while back and finally put them on my Trilogy kit last week. Really surprised! I didn't care for the UV1s much at all, but these have a really nice balance of controlled punch on tone. I had been playing Aquarian Texture Coateds on everything, which I really love. They're on the darker side and have a very soft feel. The UV2s are very different, but I'm really enjoying them. Stiffer and springier feel, and they're much brighter. Very full tone. I really think they've got something here.

Anyone else tried these?

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
I'm curious what you didn't like about the UV1s.
I have a set of them here unopened, haven't installed 'em yet.

I'm also completely sold on the Aquarian Texture Coated batters on my Rogers XP8 toms & Dyna snare, too.
They made me a believer!

Drum Gear Review

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm curious what you didn't like about the UV1s.
I have a set of them here unopened, haven't installed 'em yet.

I'm also completely sold on the Aquarian Texture Coated batters on my Rogers XP8 toms & Dyna snare, too.
They made me a believer!
To my ear, the UV1s were kind of toneless and flat when tuned anywhere below my regular "medium". And even with some tension, they took over a bit too much of any drum's sound. I reviewed them for Drum! Magazine, so I put them through a ton of testing. Tried them on three very different snare drums, and they all sounded way too similar with the UV1s on. They have a very nice, kind of equalized thing to them, but they just weren't my cup of tea.

Aquarian TCs will probably continue to be my go-to head choice, but I'm having a lot of fun with the UV2s right now.

Latest posts