Even If You Don't Like Slipknot, You'll Be Inspired By One-Armed Drummer Playing Duality

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apologies for possibly breaking a rule about mentioning a band that formed after 1975, but because some people don't know, I'd like to explain that Slipknot (which formed in 1995) has sold more than 30 million records worldwide and its headline tours fill arenas and outdoor concert venues around the world. Probably the third biggest hard rock/metal band after Metallica and Iron Maiden.

Now this performance takes 45 seconds or so to get going, but those who stick with it will find it inspiring and, perhaps, have you rethinking your own technique in terms of what is possible.

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know where you get the idea that this forum is full of is crusty old men .
I’m 55 and I think Slipknot kicks ass .

I enjoy your posts , but your constant jabs
and insinuating that you are “ cooler “ than the rest gets old ....

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
WOW !

This guy will give Rick Allen some serious competition.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WATCH THE VIDEO - (you WILL after this) forward to 4:15 where he talks about the accident and his attitude coming out of it. VERY motivational.

2:27 - I think this guy may have played tenors in marching band. He throws a great sweep in across the toms.
Again at 3:10. Pretty clean sweeps HH to snare.

Last edited:

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know where you get the idea that this forum is full of is crusty old men .
I’m 55 and I think Slipknot kicks ass .

I enjoy your posts , but your constant jabs
and insinuating that you are “ cooler “ than the rest gets old ....
A quick look at the forum shows active threads on the following:
Cream/Ginger Baker (RIP at 80)
Ronnie Wood (73)
Monkees - Mickey Dolenz (75)
Ringo Starr (80)
Lee Kerslake (75)

This forum is full of crusty old men.

On a discussion forum, points of conflict are what people most often actually discuss, don't you think?

I agree that Slipknot kicks ass live, but the records just don't do it for me. The newest one seems almost desperate in its obvious attempt to connect with a larger audience.